1.    #1  
    I can't find any configuration options either in the Treo300SMS program or the Treo's native SMS program that will allow me to send a text message. Has anyone had better luck?
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I can't find any configuration options either in the Treo300SMS program or the Treo's native SMS program that will allow me to send a text message. Has anyone had better luck?
    Once you install Treo300SMS, it uses the integrated SMS app to send and receive Short Mail. It's not true SMS, but it's the closest thing to it you can get from Sprint until November. I've been using it successfully since June.
    It works. It's awesome. Totally compensates for Sprint's weak attempt at a quasi-SMS - what they call Short Mail.
    If you can't get it to work, then e-mail the PDAApps folks. They are very responsive.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    It works. It's awesome. Totally compensates for Sprint's weak attempt at a quasi-SMS - what they call Short Mail.
    If you can't get it to work, then e-mail the PDAApps folks. They are very responsive.

Did you do anything special to get it to work?

I think Iíve set it up correctly. I installed it. Went into the app and put my phone number, password and password I would like to use.

I then went to the SMS app and tried to send a message but nothing worked. I got the message that SMS is not active yet.

Thanks for the help

Josh
  5.    #5  
    letsgoflyers81 wrote:
    Once you install Treo300SMS, it uses the integrated SMS app to send and receive Short Mail. It's not true SMS, but it's the closest thing to it you can get from Sprint until November. I've been using it successfully since June.

I know. I've been using it for even longer on the Treo 300. But it's not working on the 600. You get the same error message you would if you tried to send without Treo300SMS (this service isn't enabled yet, etc.). So for now I'm having to use the web-based Short Mail.

I read on another thread that a newer version is in the works that will provide 600 support.
    OK, you shuld have mentioned you were trying it on the Treo 600. I haven't received mine yet, but I've heard that Treo300SMS will not work on the 600. I saw the post in the other thread that PDAapps said they were working on Treo600SMS. Here's hoping it doesn't take long.
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 10/13/2003 at 10:35 AM.
    You are correct... they (www.pdaapps.com) are upgrading the TreoSMS software. From what I'm told...should be very soon. The Verichat upgrade is ready and released!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!