Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I had extremly bad experience with Treo qulity. We have 6 Treos in my company and average lifetime is 4 months. Luckily, local distributor replace them straight away, provided with 12months warranty.
    So, I would be very cautiois buying T600 from US without warranty.

Kreso
    Originally posted by JakeE
    This inequity issue should be addressed by Handspring immediately!!! It is absurd that loyal Europeans customers have to pay so much more than Americans for the same device. I have been telling Marcus and Michael (miradu) that they need to have more muscle with Handspring.

Jake
    I must be missing your point? What price are you comparing to? The price for a Treo 600 CDMA? The price subsidized by Sprint? For a phone that can only be used on one network in one country? You want to compare that to the price of an unlocked GSM phone? You would be comparing the prices of two completely different value propositions.

I had a Treo600 (unlocked GSM) on order for US$634- but with no availability. If you cannot buy one at all, there is no price to compare to. However, it looks to me like the difference between US$634- and the European price is in the VAT. If there is more in it than VAT, and perhaps shipping, the market will take care of it.

The inequity that bothers me is that you can buy one at some price and I cannot buy one at any price. I think "it is absurd" that loyal American customers cannot buy a product that Europeans and Asians can buy.

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."
    Originally posted by markus
    hello miradu!

recently there have been a couple of postings from frustrated european treo600 lovers, who do not see any chance to get an unlocked, unbranded treo600 here in europe for a reasonable price in the near future.

Not to worry. I am sure that Miradu will get to this just as soon as he finishes getting GSM for Americans. On second thought, perhaps you should not hold your breath.
    I spoke with an Handspring (now PalmOne ) European representative.
    There are many wrong sentences in this post.

The price of the Treo 600 with no plans in USA will be $699, which has been decided in Europe at euro 749+vat (with Quickoffice Premier 7 included) at the TreoStore.
    TreoStore is the only official place were to buy SimFree treos in Europe.

"You can't compare Sim-free prices with Plan prices like the $399, it make no sense, that's not the real price, it is a subsidized price" , this is what he said.

Even few weeks ago, if you were trying to purchase a Treo 270 without plan Handspring website was still listing $699.

Even in Europe Orange offer the device in some countries at a lower price but WITH PLAN.
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by Olimpo
    I spoke with an Handspring (now PalmOne ) European representative.
    There are many wrong sentences in this post.

The price of the Treo 600 with no plans in USA will be $699, which has been decided in Europe at euro 749+vat (with Quickoffice Premier 7 included) at the TreoStore.
    TreoStore is the only official place were to buy SimFree treos in Europe.

"You can't compare Sim-free prices with Plan prices like the $399, it make no sense, that's not the real price, it is a subsidized price" , this is what he said.

Even few weeks ago, if you were trying to purchase a Treo 270 without plan Handspring website was still listing $699.

Even in Europe Orange offer the device in some countries at a lower price but WITH PLAN.
    699$=603 and not 749 ;-)

markus
    Originally posted by markus

699$=603 and not 749 ;-)
    also I was refering to a (hopefully available) upgrade special discount price of $399 for peolpe that currently own a treo 180/270 in Europe....

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Originally posted by Kateben
    I fully agre with initial point of this thread.

Indeed it is really lack of equity for worldwide HS customers. We have been supporting HS effort in smartphone sector since the beginning, why should we pay double price of others !!!

HS has no interest in equity; get used to it.

If IBM or MS had colluded with others to give price and schedule preferences to one class of customer over another, everyone would be screamng bloody murder. We simply do not expect anything better from HS. Design, not ethical business practices, is their long suite.

If you like their design, do business with them. If you are looking for price, schedule, or anything else, do business with someone else.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12