1.    #1  
    So the tracking site (FedEx) shows that it's here in my home town, BUT it's not available. I called FedEx and they said that it's marked for Tues delivery. It's only 7 miles from my house........right now...
    They said it's packed in boxes with other stuff for Tues, so they can't get to it...

Any one know a work a round? Matt
    FEDEX has no reason to deliver the shipment sooner than the service level it was sent. So if it was specified for Tuesday delivery you can't really push it. Be careful you don't loose another day. If it is signature required and nobody is home. Leave a note to leave with a neighbor of be there to receive it.
  3.    #3  
    I want to go to the Fed Ex place that is 7 miles from my house, where my Treo600 is at, and pick it up in person, sign for it and save them the time, gas and hasle of dealing with it.

however in all reality, it's probably more of a pain for them to pull the package today and let me have it, then to deleiver it on Tues.

Hummmm...
    I called Fedex too since my phone is down at the Dulles, VA distribution center (about 10 miles from my home) to see if I could stop down at the facility to pick it up. Was told that was not possible. Oh well Monday afternoon will be hard to wait for.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    So the tracking site (FedEx) shows that it's here in my home town, BUT it's not available. I called FedEx and they said that it's marked for Tues delivery. It's only 7 miles from my house........right now...
    They said it's packed in boxes with other stuff for Tues, so they can't get to it...

Any one know a work a round? Matt
    I'm in the exact same situation as you, in the next town 10 miles away slated for Tue del.

I called Fed x and they said they will likely deliver it Monday. She said I can call back Monday to get a status of where the truck is and ETA. They can send messages to the driver on his "communicator" and relay his reply to me via phone.
    I've usually had good experiences with FedEx - Call them and ask to make the package "hold for pickup", and then go first thing in the morning on the scheduled delivery day. (UPS doesn't let you do this) You may have to wait while they 'hunt' for it, but it's beats waiting all day for delivery!

Unfortunately, even though the tracking may show it's already in your home town, it's probably still in the large shipping container that needs to be unpacked and sorted. That's why you can't pick it up earlier than scheduled.

Michael
    I think I might have it as bad or worse. At 7:02PM Friday it arrived about 2 miles from me in East Boston at 8:00PM it had left East Boston, so I'm thinking, hmmm, maybe I stay in and see if it gets here in an hour or two. I decide against it because I had committed to going out. At 10:24PM it's now in Franklin, MA about 25 miles from me. Yep, they are hauling it away from me. At 6:39 this morning it has left Franklin. I don't really know where I stand. I think it's a crime that I'd have to wait until Tuesday if they don't deliver on Saturday. (I'm guessing they won't deliver Sunday or Monday either.) A three day layoff of the mail system is terrible.
    U think they would let me go dig through their parcels and find mine? too bad it wasn't shipped UPS, i used to work for them and have many contacts there Why O Why did i not pay the extra $8 for next day . . . i'd have got it yesterday shoulda done that and had em send my wifes express. How long? How long?
    Patience grasshoppers.
  10.    #10  
    Yea, they said it's in the large crate and that is why they can't get to it.

So it sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat and sinkinh quick. I can see it, it's just a little out of reach LOL

They DID say, they WILL deleiver on Monday, even though it a holiday. But Sat and Sun stight out!

Yes, I must catch T600 with chopsticks to reach enlightment

I want my monkey man (from the Simpsons)...

Thanks for the replies, as wierd as it sounds, it helps to know other share my misery

Come on Tues!!!