Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased TC Ringer for my aging Treo 300 and I am hoping that the Treo 600 will be able to utlize the ringers that I purchased for my Treo 300.

any thoughts?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    bump?
    The treo600 has the ability to use midi files for ringtones. I hear it as simple as browing a website on the treo and download a midi file. It will be automatically installed.

I'm sure any ringer you had could be replaced by a midi file.
    I tried this same thing.

TC Ringer is not necessary, as the same functionality is built-in to the OS.

FWIW, TC Ringer appears to work just fine on the device.

The OS will recognize .MID files directly downloaded on the device -- it also appears to recognize the .pdb files that you can generate from using the web-based utility at this site to convert midi files to a .pdb
    There is a program from markspace, the makers of TC Ringer which is linked to Handspring in the Add On section of the Treo 600

As of last night it went to a linkt hat didn't work for downloading, however this program seems to be similar to TC Ringer although it says it is only for the Treo 600.

Anyone else see this? Can the 600 do groups the same way as Tc Ringer does?

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    There is a program from markspace, the makers of TC Ringer which is linked to Handspring in the Add On section of the Treo 600

As of last night it went to a linkt hat didn't work for downloading, however this program seems to be similar to TC Ringer although it says it is only for the Treo 600.

Anyone else see this? Can the 600 do groups the same way as Tc Ringer does?

Mike
    TC Ringer for the Treo 600 will be available soon. As far as I can tell, the 600 doesn't do group ringtones and doesn't handle individual ringtones for contacts not in the speed dial list, so many will find that TC Ringer is still necessary.
    Originally posted by sgruby

TC Ringer for the Treo 600 will be available soon. As far as I can tell, the 600 doesn't do group ringtones and doesn't handle individual ringtones for contacts not in the speed dial list, so many will find that TC Ringer is still necessary.
    Does the Treo 600 allow you to assign PICTURES to ALL your contacts or ONLY the Speed dial ones?

If you want to assign to anyone, do you need a third party app, and which one will work???
    TC Ringer was not selected out as one of the programs to be quaratined when I upgraded from the 300 to the 600, so it did transfer to the 600, however, it does not work properly. Each time I attempt to play or assign my gilligans island ringtone to incoming calls, the phone does a soft reset.

Maybe it would work ok if it were loaded afterwards, but per Mikeradio, it seems a version for the T600 is coming.

The ships aground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle, with gilligan, the skipper too....
    Jeff
    Anyone know when us TCRinger owners will have an option for the Treo600?

Will there be a beta???

L
    Lee Ladisky
    What we are saying is that there is no way to get the ringers from our Treo 300s into our new Treo 600s??
    I want my old ring tones!!
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Anyone know when us TCRinger owners will have an option for the Treo600?

Will there be a beta???

L
    There will not be a beta version, but we expect to have TC Ringer for the Treo 600 released soon.
    Yikes! I tried hot-syncing my old midi ringtones from my Treo 300 to my 600 and when I went to check I had NO ringtones! Zero!!

So I went to the "delete" function and then had a soft reset ...

So ... luckily I had downloaded a trial of FileMan and was able to delete the Midi ringtones. I then did a pin reset (manual) and after I went back in to check all the native Treo 600 ringtones were back!

Whew!
    What is TC ringer (I know it has something to with RingTones) and where can I find out more? Website?
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    What is TC ringer (I know it has something to with RingTones) and where can I find out more? Website?
    If you click on ringtones on the TreoCentral home page, it should give you information.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Thanks.
    ok, so far, i found 2 ways to bring in new ringers. you can either DL them from websites (mididb.com) or what I found faster was to beam them over from my laptop using the IR.

You don't need any third party software anymore and don't even have to edit the mdi files like before. So far so smooth.
    How did you beam from your laptop? I have a DELL Inspiron 8500 and it has an IR port but haven't used it before.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...tc+ringer.html

Here is the link to how you do it with TC Ringer
    or you can search for "Treo 600 TC Ringer Ringtones"
    if the link does not work.

-Bry
    Last edited by bryacoh; 10/24/2003 at 04:23 PM.
    When I try to install a midi file, it defaults to "install on sd card". I don't have an sd card. When I hit "change destination" it gives me a message that midi files are to be installed to the sd card. So I have to convert midi to pda? How do I do that?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    hey sgruby

I noticed that the ringtones on the treo 600 are not as loud as they were on the treo 300. Will the New TC ringer for the treo 600 be as loud as they were on the treo 300? Are they not loud because they are Midi files?

The reason I ask is because as it is I can't hear my phone when I'm not around my phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast