Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I became a happy owner of a Treo 600 yesterday. After calling my local Sprint store for the last couple of days, they finally got their first shipment of 2 units yesterday. When I went in, another guy was picking up his Treo. So we were the lucky two people to get the first units at the store. Oh, I ended up getting a $65 discount (max discount from what I was told) for being long-time Sprint customer.

I picked mine up at the Monrovia, CA store. The guys there (spoke to three different people on the several occasions that I called) were all knowledgeable and had good idea about when the shipment would be arriving. They were all very friendly. They are getting almost daily shipments, so if anyone is interested, their number is (626) 256-1450. The other guy actually drove in from Anaheim (I think) to pick up the unit.

I've been to several stores looking for a nice case. Tonight, I found the perfect one at CompUSA. It is a neoprene case for the Sidekick, from Body Glove. Picked it up for $15. Below are some pictures. I strongly recommend it.

Also, found a sync/charge cable for $20. But I didn't buy it because it did not have a sync button. So I've decided to buy it directly from Handspring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    another picture...
  3.    #3  
    last one...
  4.    #4  
    and here's a picture of my two treos
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    rob--

how well does it fit? is it snug? or loose? i remember the sidekick being huge... i can't imagine the treo 600 being the same size.

christof
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
  6.    #6  
    christof -

It's actually a snug fit. The Treo will not move around with the cover on. It is loose enough that it is very easy to take the Treo out.

There is no indication on the package that this is for the Sidekick. Only on the receipt and the price tag does it indicate this. Depending on how much you trust the CompUSA guys about labeling of these things...
    Does this case allow you to plug in the earbud at the bottom of the 600?
    Last edited by Bomeyer; 10/12/2003 at 07:11 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Yup. No problem with the earphone jack.

Here's a pic with lid open
  9.    #9  
    And lid closed
    Very nice. Thanks for the pics. I'll have to look for it here at CompUSA in Atlanta.
    Don't have my Treo yet so I won't know for sure until I get it, but the CompUSA had another, vertical mount Body Glove case made of the same material as this one. It is a Medium Universal case. I know another user got a Belkin universal medium and likes it so if it is the same size it should work.

I have had the Body Glove Neoprene cases before and they protect the phone better than anything I have seen.
    Originally posted by Bomeyer
    Very nice. Thanks for the pics. I'll have to look for it here at CompUSA in Atlanta.
    Hey there fellow Mariettian, if you find one in CompUSA, let me know. You checking Barrett Pkwy or Cumberland area?
    I am also in Marietta....
    Carl
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

Hey there fellow Mariettian, if you find one in CompUSA, let me know. You checking Barrett Pkwy or Cumberland area?
    I am also in Marietta....
    Hi Carl! I was going to look at the one on Cobb Pkwy (Cumberland). I'm still waiting for my 600 to arrive...will look when I have it in hand and let you know. CompUSA's website has similar cases from what I can tell...
    CompUSA cases

Do you have your 600 yet?

I wonder if you can add a clip to the slipcase that's included in the box?

Bo
  14.    #14  

Bo
    I would say no. They do sell those clips with adhesives, but I don't think it would be secure enough.

Hi Carl! I was going to look at the one on Cobb Pkwy (Cumberland). I'm still waiting for my 600 to arrive...will look when I have it in hand and let you know. CompUSA's website has similar cases from what I can tell...
    CompUSA cases

Do you have your 600 yet?

Bo
    Bo, I got my T600 on Tuesday. (order on Monday, had it on Tues). I looked at the link, but did not see anything that resembled the case shown in this thread. Anyone have a SKU of the BodyGlove case from CompUSA. I'm too lazy to run over to the store today and would rather just point and click and have it show up on my doorstep.
    Carl
    Agreed- Can you post the model # or CompUSA SKU#?
  17. rfm
    I'm having trouble locating this case. Does anyone have the SKU or part number?
    Maybe it's an older (or newer) version of this one?

I'd love to know if this one works so if you get it post back

http://www.marquel.com/store/74422info.shtml
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Posted this in another thread:

The SKU on the Body Glove case is 76059. The case is actually made by Fellowes. But their website does not have the case either. The full barcode is 77511 76059.

These are CompUSA numbers and not the Body Glove numbers. I can not find the case on either Fellowes, or BG website. What is on the CompUSA shelves may be it if this is a discontinued item.

By the way I really like this case. It protects the Treo very well and was reasonably priced. I plan to using it till I find a comparable replacement. Nothing that I have seen so far impresses me.
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

Bo, I got my T600 on Tuesday. (order on Monday, had it on Tues). I looked at the link, but did not see anything that resembled the case shown in this thread. Anyone have a SKU of the BodyGlove case from CompUSA. I'm too lazy to run over to the store today and would rather just point and click and have it show up on my doorstep.
    Carl,

Did you ever find this case in the Marietta area?

Bo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast