1.    #1  
    After hearing a lot about "keep calling till a Sprint CSR gives you the offer you want" (since offers are inconsistent), and that activation fees are hard to get waived since a new policy sprung on everyone 10/7.

I'm finding Sprint with a very firm policy: willing to waive the activation fee + 5% off all bills -- but only with adding a 2nd line AND 2-year service agreement and "no way, Jose" on any account credit (no $100, no $150, no nothing). They are saying only service credit if you buy sprint phone AND agree to 2-year contract.

What are people hearing from Sprint now?

P.S. they also won't hold the offer for you at all -- I wanted to check with a previous rep who made a better offer (to see if I misunderstood the terms) and I promised to call back in 10 mins--no dice, you agree now, or the offer is voided.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Are Sprint reps just being this strict on Handspring-sold Treo 600's via the $299 upgrade plan? (since the HS site says "not valid with other offers," Sprint figures they can get away with being stingy.)

Would Sprint know the difference if you just told them you paid full price? Or of you told them you were activating a used Treo 300 you bought off eBay? I mean, after all, a new customer is a new customer. Does it matter what make/model of phone you are actually activating (as long as it's CDMA, of course.)
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Fofer
    Are Sprint reps just being this strict on Handspring-sold Treo 600's via the $299 upgrade plan? (since the HS site says "not valid with other offers," Sprint figures they can get away with being stingy.)

Would Sprint know the difference if you just told them you paid full price? Or of you told them you were activating a used Treo 300 you bought off eBay? I mean, after all, a new customer is a new customer. Does it matter what make/model of phone you are actually activating (as long as it's CDMA, of course.)
    Though you would think it's the service agreements / extensions they're after, they're saying they only offer rebate/credits if you purchased phone from them. I've already ended conversations with 3 Sprint CSR's who were not willing to deal at all. And they have zero interest in giving anything for a 12-month agreement.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Seems odd, as so many others have posted about their $100/$150/$300 rebates for one or two year extensions, or new user signups... all with HS-purchased T600's.

Oh well I guess I'll experience it firsthand soon enough...

Originally posted by TreoTheo

Though you would think it's the service agreements / extensions they're after, they're saying they only offer rebate/credits if you purchased phone from them. I've already ended conversations with 3 Sprint CSR's who were not willing to deal at all. And they have zero interest in giving anything for a 12-month agreement.