1.    #1  
    My contact passes me this information:

The Treo600 product manager at T-Mobile and the Sales manager from Handspring had a conversation this week, it turned out that T-Mobile Engineers have not yet approved the Treo600. There are some software compatabilty issues with T-Mobile's GSM/GPRS network. They expect to get those issues worked out with Handspring by the end of the month. As soon as they approve it, the shipment will be accepted by T-Mobile and it takes 2 weeks for channeling through out the country so the release will be nationwide.

There you have it, I dont have any info on the Bland Non-Carrier specific GSM Models.

And again remember the contact cannot be mentioned!!! Please its very serious.
    not to say i told you so, but i mentioned this in a thread titled "gsm delay" last week right after i returned from the sf mission event, two handspring sources told me that they did not have carrier approval from either tmobile or cingular.

it appears that magic t-mobile date of the 13th was seemingly a game of telephone being passed along and amplified from carrier reps at previous events...i dont think we ever heard those dates from anyone high up at handspring...

hope we can still get em unlocked sooner than later though, that news seems to be promising, and its always better to get the unlocked version anyways, IMHO...

for anyone whose wondering whether or not they will work properly with tmo GPRS network, i wouldnt worry about it, we'll just have to provision the phones manually, which will certainly be easy enough with a keyboard- the settings for the server ip's and so on are easily available on discussion boards like esato.com and howardforums.com...

if i get my hands on one, i'll post the setting here of course..
    Originally posted by theevaluator

hope we can still get em unlocked sooner than later though, that news seems to be promising, and its always better to get the unlocked version anyways, IMHO...

for anyone whose wondering whether or not they will work properly with tmo GPRS network, i wouldnt worry about it, we'll just have to provision the phones manually, which will certainly be easy enough with a keyboard- the settings for the server ip's and so on are easily available on discussion boards like esato.com and howardforums.com...

if i get my hands on one, i'll post the setting here of course..
    Are you saying that the only problem that made T-Mobile delay the product has to do with automatic configuration? Otherwise, why are you so sure that it will work without problems if you configure it manually?

Thanks for any info.
    no not at all, just saying that other people were worried that unlocked gsm versions would not work with tmo gprs, which is not true, at least not for the 4-5 unlocked phones i've set up to work with it successfully....
    Let's also keep in mind the (lucky!) early adopters who are already out there with their 600's on T-Mobile successfully. Unless they're all using a dialup....
    HumP - is it possible that T-Mobile is going to introduce and press the XDA II either before or at the same time as the T600. They got FCC approval to bring the phone into the US 10/9.
    I got curious, and copied this from the SnapperMail Yahoo group.

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 8:27 -0700
    Subject: Re: 600

Using GPRS via T-Zones.

Rick
    ----------------------------------
    T-Mobile/Treo600/SnapperMail

. Original Message .......
    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:59:11 -0500 (Central Standard Time) "Alli"
    <alli@allibama.net> wrote:
    >
    >Those of you who were lucky enough to get the 600 early and are using it
    on T-Mo with SnapperMail...are you getting onto the GPRS network or are you