1.    #1  
    Using the mmplayer beta whenever I hit play it restarts my Treo. The Kimora one appears to require a special extension to use. Finally, I can't get real one installed, it gives me an error when starting saying a necessary file is not installed.

Anyone having luck?
    Had the same issue. MMPlayer is probably not currently compatible with the T600. We all should probably email the developer and let him know. It would definately be a killer ap on the Treo.
  3.    #3  
    Does anything work, I've heard people have watched videos on their treo600's?
    I was able to get mmplayer to work, however the video was split in half could have been the videos, they were mpgs 320x400 i think
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  5.    #5  
    Which version of mmplayer, they have a very expermimental one and a normal beta.
    Kinoma works great... I've already have about 100megs of movies clips on my expansion card...

http://www.kinoma.com
  7.    #7  
    How do you get Kimora to see avi's or mpg's on your card?
    Could be wrong but I believe it doesn't read AVI or MPEG; it needs it's own format. SO there is a piece of the app, on the PC side that converts to the Kinoma format, whatever it is.
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I hate to reply to myself but I just checked the Kinoma website and yes, you first need to use Kinoma producer to make a kinoma file from your AVI, etc.
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    you use kinoma producer to convert your mpeg 4, avi, etc to a palm PDB file, which can be read by the Player on the phone. I have had mixed success. Some of the videos Ive played have caused the 600 to lockup and loop, requiring a reset.

Others seem to play fine. The less you mess with it while it's playing, the less of a problem you seem to have.

Kinoma emailed me this week, and will have native support for the 600 on their next full release.
    is this next full release the kinoma 2 that just came out? i'm kind of confused as to weather to get kinoma or mmplayer - any opinions???
    I got the mmplayer to play the T3 trailer clip no problem. I haven't been able to convert any of my movies with virtualdub as they suggest, but I have gotten Dr. Divx to work.

As far as the Kinoma conversion step goes I don't think it's a detraction because you really have to convert what you are watching to fit a 160 x 160 screen anyway. I don't generally keep my movies in that resolution, and I doubt anyone does. Whether I use something like VirtualDub to make it a Divx clip or if I make it a Kinoma clip through their software, I suppose I don't overly care. And in general I'm a huge standards based guy.
    I've found that Kinoma movies are great for distracting toddlers during a car trip.
    ha! so how big do these movies get?
    So this player is free and can play any length movie I can fit on my SD card?
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    ha! so how big do these movies get?
    The 2.5 year-old girl in question was amused by the "Finding Nemo" trailer (4.5MB) played in repeat mode for almost half an hour. The adults in the car were less ethusiastic, though.