1.    #1  
    I am looking for a mail program for use on my Treo 600.

Requirements:
    Sync with outlook on my desktop. (So I can have my inbox in outlook with me on my treo)
    Be able to d/l pop3 mail from my isp.

Basically, I want to be able to either email using the Treo or the desktop and have both updated.

I do not want to leave my desktop on all the time.

I tried to look through all the programs out there but I got way confused.

Lou
    Would the Sprint Business Connection (personal edition) work for this??
    versamail from PalmOne is working really good for me now.

http://www-2.palmone.com/us/software/versamail25/

- got it set up to sync with multiple folders in Outlook
    - got it to d/l my POP3 mail, filtered so only stuff addressed to me (and not the cc stuff) is d/l'ed
    - scheduled d/l of POP3 mails
    - configure to d/l only header or whole message (with size limit)
    - attachments open with doc-to-go

I got VersaMail 2.5 with my Zire 71. I may decide to get v2.6

The only problem I have now is that 5-way nav button is not working
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if any of the third-party e-mail programs contain their own e-mail address books so that one does not have to type the addresses from scratch (but instead pick from a scrolling list or something)? Alternatively, can any of the e-mail programs create such a list based on the phone's contact list field where e-mails can be stored?

This kind of software-level integration would be great.
    Originally posted by Munir
    Does anyone know if any of the third-party e-mail programs contain their own e-mail address books so that one does not have to type the addresses from scratch (but instead pick from a scrolling list or something)? Alternatively, can any of the e-mail programs create such a list based on the phone's contact list field where e-mails can be stored?

This kind of software-level integration would be great.

Most of them allow you to search the contacts database and show you only entry with e-mail addresses in them. You can then select from this list.
    Versamail is what I went with. I need something that did IMAP4 (it also does pop3). It does auto complete when typing in a name... it looks it up in the Treo contacts list... so cool!

Does attachments (sending and recieving). And the part I LOVE the most is when you recieve a vcal/ical file in your email you can add the calendar appointment to your Treo calendar. *drool*.

The desktop portion, when hotsyncing, will download your mail and sync via the desktop so it's faster... but you can also setup auto retrieve on the treo to check every 15/30/1hr, etc.

It's a little expensive as far as a palm app goes, but I like it. It's not perfect, but it's the best i've used.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I would also suggest Snappermail....great pop3 client. Send and receive. The download also includes a text editor and a spreadsheet software...both which you can attach to a email. Very configureable!.....Can use more than one email account ( yahoo and Hotmail...etc.). 45 days trial (if I remember).

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Louis W wrote: [QUOTE]I am looking for a mail program for use on my Treo 600.
    Requirements: Sync with outlook on my desktop.....I do not want to leave my desktop on all the time.

Louis W, what is the source of the email in your Outlook -- is that email from a corporate email system, like MSFT Exchange or Lotus Domino? Or is it your ISP email?

Biz Conn Personal Edition does most of what you want, but I don't know of any program that does everything you want. The one hitch is that to access work email (from a corporate server like Exchange or Domino), you'll need to leave your desktop connected. That's the way those programs have to work -- they need a connection to the original email source. (If you have email other than Exchange or Domino that you're trying to access, please clarify -- maybe there's another solution for that....)

As for your POP3 email, tomorrow's release of Biz Conn is supposed to give you access to that (several other programs also provide POP3 access). When you delete, reply etc. to an email on the Treo 600 client, this will be synched back to your POP3 account.

This has been mentioned before in other places, but Biz Conn also provides access via PC browsers, which many of us love -- you can use it to access your work email from remote PCs, plus calendar, contacts etc. (POP email is also available through there, which saves the hassle of logging into multiple websites to check multiple email accounts).
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Does anyone who has direct experience with the various e-mail clients have time to put up a comparison chart of the features? It would be so appreciated.

There are so many threads here on different clients, but a single chart would probably answer many peoples' questions about IMAP, scheduled send/retrieve, folder categories, attachments, Outlook sync, etc.

Thanks a bunch to whomever may make this contribution to the discussion and help out fellow Treo owners.
    Does anyone who has direct experience with the various e-mail clients have time to put up a comparison chart of the features? It would be so appreciated.

There are so many threads here on different clients, but a single chart would probably answer many peoples' questions about IMAP, scheduled send/retrieve, folder categories, attachments, Outlook sync, etc.

Thanks a bunch to whomever may make this contribution to the discussion and help out fellow Treo owners.
    Many have free trials. Why don't you download some and work with them, and see which ones you like the best? What works for someone else on this forum, may not work for you.

I have used TreoMail, the new Visto, and have now moved to SnapperMail.

SnapperMail does absolutely everything you ask for, and it does it in an easy to use format. 30 day free trial. Download it and give it a try for free for 30 days.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    I've just downloaded snappermail and it can't seem to get it to do what I want which is also what hte origonal poster wanted - which is to sync with my main outlook on my pc so I have a single register of all incoming / outgoing mail.

As far as I can see snappermail doesn't do that and so I'm going to try out versamail.
  12.    #12  
    right now I am using a combination of snappermail and eudora.

the only issue I have is that if I let outlook d/l the mail from my isp then it clears it off the pop3 and snappermail doesn't get it.
    Checkout the following Expert Guide put together by PalmSource about the various email solutions for PalmOS:

http://applications.palmsource.com/S...D=30&PSCID=137

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions