1.    #1  
    The Subject says everything... I'm a Treo 270 user and I'd like to upgrade to the new Treo 600... but 899 euros it's too expensive!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    According to treostore.com they havent heard of such a promotion and doubt there will be one.
    I'm in a similar position in Australia.

You can get the Owners upgrade via handspring.com and get a Treo 600 for US$399 but there are issues you need

- US shipping address
    (either a friend or freight forwarder)
    - US credit card or similar (harder)
    - existing Treo serial number (easy)
    - unlocked GSM T600 not available yet

No news on whether Handspring will offer the owner upgrade directly outside US but I doubt it.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Can TreoCentral.com help us international users with non-US credit cards (almost impossible for non-US citizens to get)?

Would love a cheap GSM unlocked Treo !
    i never had problems with my european credit-card in the US. so i think this should not be a problem.

but also think that HS has forgotten about us european. all the current release hype is only for the US, where one or two carriers cover the whole country. but here in europe, we have hundreds of different carriers so an unlocked unbranded treo600 is a MUST! to choose ONE carrier (orange) to cover the market is definity the wrong way for europe!

i don´t see any signs from HS to really take care about the european market and all the loyal treo owners, who have been advocats for the the product and the company the last years. i should my 180 to hundreds of people and gave a great reference for handspring (a brand that is totally unknown to an average european yet..)

and treostore is a bad joke, 899€ for the treo600! not even the biggest nerd, geek, freak, whatever is going to pay this!

markus
    i thought that handspring would become a bit cleverer by becoming international marketingwise when they come up with the new treo. but the contrary has happened. when the previous treos appeared, they began by offering more service (at least here in germany) but couldn't cope with the customers wants and eventually gave up. the result being, that we have to pay over 900 euros (incl. shipping) for a device for which customer care will be hard to get and repairs will take months to get done (i know from experience) and so on.
    handspring doesn't want us, they are telling themselves, if non-orange europeans want their product, let them pay lots for it and if they want service, let them wait long. until recently, i was planning to upgrade to a treo 600, but now i am completely put off. i am very sad, because i love my treo and might have loved the 600. i hope something similar is developed by a more international company by the time my old treo gives up its ghost.
    juts have a look at their
    german website and compaare it to handspring.com. its just obvious that
    handspring doesn't care for europeans. that's it.
    i want to say an angry goodbye to handspring and hope that they hear it.
    899 EUR for an unlocked treo is really too much. But I suspect that this price is going to drop alot once the GSM version is available in large quantities. Right now, not even Handspring nor treostore can deliver, only Orange is selling them ('them' meaning 'SIM locked GSM versions).

Since treostore is just a reseller I suspect this awfull price is not made by Handspring but rather by the reseller. Once competition with other online shops kicks in, the price is going to drop.

Unfortunately for German users, noone knows when and how the treo 600 will hit German stores. I called public relations and they had no info on distribution. I figure this is the same in other European countries where Orange is not present.

The biggest obstacle to a rebate for Europeans is the US shipping address. Can't treocentral help us out there? That would be cool.

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    My experience with Handspring in the UK has been wonderful!

If you have a faulty Treo they PAY for a special delivery box which reaches you the next working day. This comes with a ready-paid special delivery box which you send your faulty Treo off to.
    2 days later you get a brand new Treo and a free stylus!

However, we didn't get any rebates for the Treo 270 GSM 900/1800Mhz versions.
    i just checked treostore. unlocked 600s are now available for geeky yuppies
    Originally posted by CyrilW
    My experience with Handspring in the UK has been wonderful!

If you have a faulty Treo they PAY for a special delivery box which reaches you the next working day. This comes with a ready-paid special delivery box which you send your faulty Treo off to.
    2 days later you get a brand new Treo and a free stylus!

However, we didn't get any rebates for the Treo 270 GSM 900/1800Mhz versions.
    when my treo 180 was broken, HS send me a new one and after receiving the new unit, i sent back my old one. but for this service HS charged me 25€!!!!! without paying they would not have sent the new unit in advance..

now the changed service completly in europe. you have to purchase tickets in order to CALL them. no free-phone support anymore! well, when i purchase a consumer-good prodcut for 500€+ I definitly expect phone support!

so much for that!
    Originally posted by jinx
    if I'm not mistaken this morning you couldn't buy it.

by the way, I just checked Handspring in the Netherlands. They have the treo advertized for EUR 700. That's already 200 EUR less!

andreas

ps: oh, and make that geeky rich yuppies
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    I got the letter from treostore as well to buy the T600 for 899EUR, and I gently rejected.

The main reason is there are much cheaper ways to buy it like
    http://www.shopblt.com for only 590US dollars and they accept european credit cards (they have already accepted my order and it is scheduled for delivery on 14th-18th). I could probably get it few days earlier in treostore but 400EUR does not worth few days. I stronlgly recommend this option to other europeans instead of wasting 900 EUR.
    Originally posted by jinx
    At least be glad your have treostore.com outside USA & Europe handspring don't offer a direct from web store

And you still can't get an unlocked GSM from handspring.com hopefully that will change this coming week

Cheers
    VikingBrad