1.    #1  
    I see a lot of you have gotten great deals by upgrading etc.. but was wondering who of you do not have a 300 that your upgraded? What was the best deal you got out of Sprint? (or other provider).

I'm thinking with the promise of a contract and the threat of portability you should be able to finagle $200-300 out of them..?

Thoughts? Experiences?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    welp.. i was considering trying my hand on that since my current service agreement ends Dec 5th.... so i'll let u know..

and if anyone else tries and succeeds to please let us know!

but i know that if I have to wait till Dec 5th to get any sort of discount.. then screw sprint.. i'm going to leave w/ my number portability and get it a t-mobile gsm phone.... w/ its sim swaping country hopping advantages.... and cause frankly i'm just sick of sprint!

d.r.g.
  3.    #3  
    BUMP

It's been a few days and this got shuffled back toppage 9 .

Anyone talk Sprint into a really good deal ona 600 for a non-upgrade, non-new customer?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    I might be crazy, but here is my thought.

Buy a 300 from Amazon. Right now it is free after rebate. After you receive the 300 activate it and submit the rebate. Then purchase a 600 via the upgrade link at Handspring for $399. After you receive the rebates on the 300, transfer your activation to the 600. Sell the 300 on eBay. Net cost should be around $200.

Is this workable?
    Thanks,

Mark
    OK, depending on how patient you are (and if the deal still stands...)

I purchased a Treo 300 a short time ago for $399 from Handspring. Part of the deal was $300 in service credits (part from Handspring, part from Sprint).

Then purchased the Treo 600 from Handspring for $399 (saving $150).

btw, ordered my Tro 600 on Thursday from Handspring, received it Friday afternoon. Looks great! Had some minor trouble getting it activated (after waiting 3 hours for it to charge) by managed to get through that.

So far it works great. Much better and nicer than the 300.

NOtice that it comes with a slipcase - not a case with a beltclip! So if that's what you want make sure you order one..
    JT
  6.    #6  
    While I'm not sure If I were in charge of HS I would not give the discount to upgrades of the 300 AFTER the 600 was released.

I'm betting somewhere in the fine print it disallows this.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    One comment - if you sell a T300 after taking the rebate, please be sure that the buyer knows you've done that and is clear on what that means. That's the right thing to do, in case the buyer has the same general plan, or thinks he may want to take advantage of trade-up rebates later.
    I had actually considered something along those lines. However, since Sprint is changing their policy to $100/$150 discount to existing customers upgrading phones (1 year/2 years respectively) allegedly on 10/16 - I might wait and see what the CSR's say at that point. $399 vs. $449 isn't a deal breaker and I do plan on staying with Sprint for the foreseeable future. If anyone does go the T300 route and then successfully gets the upgrade, please post! Thanks,
  9. PxT
    I got a $150 discount for signing a 2-year -- existing customer/plan, just a phone swap. When I ordered the phone, the CS rep told me the deal was available via mail-in rebate, no rebate was in the box when it arrived. Called to activate and stated that I had been offered a $150 discount, they credited it to my account at that time.
  10.    #10  
    I got a $150 discount for signing a 2-year -- existing customer/plan, just a phone swap. When I ordered the phone, the CS rep told me the deal was available via mail-in rebate, no rebate was in the box when it arrived. Called to activate and stated that I had been offered a $150 discount, they credited it to my account at that time.
    That's what I was looking for. So about $450 for the phone? Not too bad...
    Sean Dotson, PE