Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by sfreiman
    BOO HOO
    Haha! sfreiman rocks.

So does this thread. I agree that there are weird aspects to the phone interface on the 600. For instance, while it's true that you can jump to a contact by typing the first few letters of either a contact (with good variations -- first or last names, intials, etc.), you don't seem to be able to do this from the key pad on the 600. It was nice to flip open the 300 and just type the a couple of letters to get to the needed contact. On the other hand, the pop-up for multiple phone numbers per contact on the favorites screen is awesome ...but weird that it lists the number you set to the button twice.

The weirdest thing about the using the keyboard to access phone features quickly is that if you press a bunch of keys on the keyboard the 600 will turn on skipping the key guard feature entirely. Seriously -- try holding the cradling the thing in both hands and pressing a bunch of keys with both of your thumbs simulataneously. As well, if you press a bunch of keys with one thumb, it'll turn on but key guard will be active. I find this a) weird and b) wonder if I'm having some kind of personal experience. ...Oh well.

Finally, the 600 seems like it would hurt more if someone threw one at you.
    Dialing names is now an option rather than the default when you go into phone. To turn on dialing names by default - Go to Options in Phone application and choose Display Preferences. Choose Typing starts Contacts search instead of the default Typing dials phon number.

I cannot reproduce your concern about Keyguard turning off when I mush a bunch of keys. It stays active for me and the unit goes back to sleep.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Dialing names is now an option rather than the default when you go into phone. To turn on dialing names by default - Go to Options in Phone application and choose Display Preferences. Choose Typing starts Contacts search instead of the default Typing dials phon number.
    Awesome -- thanks!
    I cannot reproduce your concern about Keyguard turning off when I mush a bunch of keys. It stays active for me and the unit goes back to sleep. [/B]
    I must just be talented. (Also, this isn't really a "concern," just something that's sort of odd. Key guard seems to work fine.)
    In the "contact view preferences" list by only have two choices, "last names, first name and first name, last name". Is there a way to add 3rd party to add more choices? My old Clie had a choice for "company, last name". When I need to look up a company/business, I often won't care about a certain person but the company. There should be a better choice for listing this preference. Anyone know of a way to work around this, will be much appreciated.
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123