Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There was a software that could be installed in the Treo 300, which would give you the ability to use graffitti on the screen in order to write something. Honestly, I rarely used it, but there were times I was already using my stylus that it did end up being useful. Anyone remember the name? Would you know if it works with the T600?

Thanks.
    On my current palm, I use a program called "Jot". I don't know if it will work with the 600. I'm hoping it does.
    Jot does, indeed, work.
    Regards,

Robert
    Jot works fine. I installed it from the CIC site. You must use it in Jot rather than Graffiti2 mode. It works very well.
    I thought OS 5.2 devices came standard with Graffiti 2. I'm surprised that the Treo 600 doesn't!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    spray paint
    Jot v1.0 doesn't work. What version is yours?
    v2.04 works
    Jot works great but only for 5 days. Not sure if its worth the $29 or $39 if you buy it alone.
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 10/14/2003 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Handspring really should have included something like this with the T6, considering how much we're paying for them. I wonder if a petition is in order?

Of course, trying to access support for the T6 regarding this or any other issue from Handspring is pointless, since they push the support off to Sprint, and Sprint isn't supporting it yet.

I really wish these companies(same problems with Samsung on my old i500) would offer better support for their products.
    I downloaded and use NewPen on my TT. It allows you to write anywhere on the sceen and saved me from continually sliding the TT open to the graffiti area. Was just wondering if it would work on the Treo600. I'm going to try it as soon as HS ships mine. Two days in "Credit Card Approved" status *arrrrghhhhhhhh.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Thanks!!! Newpen works fairly well (guess I need to learn the Graffiti 2 strokes), and it's a FREEBIE! Main reason I needed it was for shortcuts, and it's perfect for that. Thanks for the lead.

Now, if somebody would only write a replacement for NoLinesHack!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    There's another program called Graffiti Anywhere. I currently use it on my Sony TG50 and I'll probably try it on the Treo when it arrives.
    I tried Graffiti anywhere but it did not recognize characters correctly.
    Yippee! Looks like NewPen v1.4 works flawlessly on the Treo 600, unleashing Graffiti 2. Just gotta learn the new strokes! So far, NO apparent hardware conflicts or soft resets. Keepin' my fingers crossed! Here's a link...
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/newpen.shtml
  16. k.m
    Hello,

did anyone try to set the Treo 600 back to Graffiti 1 (in combination with newpen) as it works with the tungsten t2

Here's a How-To for the Tungsten T2:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830

Thank you,

k.m
    Sleepy, glad it's working for you. It's a great program AND FREE.
    Can't wait for my T600 to show up. Thanks for trying it and letting me know how well it works.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Originally posted by k.m
    Hello,

did anyone try to set the Treo 600 back to Graffiti 1 (in combination with newpen) as it works with the tungsten t2

Here's a How-To for the Tungsten T2:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830

Thank you,

k.m
    Have to say I didn't like Graffiti 2. This procedure works a treat for converting back to graffiti 1. Works a treat. Couldn't find the right files on my T270 or M105 - but there's a link in the discussion to a source.

Enjoy!
    I'm finding that only the top half of the screen works for graffiti anywhere. Is that normal?
    Originally posted by sleepysurf
    Yippee! Looks like NewPen v1.4 works flawlessly on the Treo 600, unleashing Graffiti 2. Just gotta learn the new strokes! So far, NO apparent hardware conflicts or soft resets. Keepin' my fingers crossed! Here's a link...
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/newpen.shtml
    The only place on the 600 I have found which doesn't like newpen is the Bookmarks page of Blazer. Try to use graffiti with newpen when adding a new bookmark, and bang! ... reset.

There may be other places, and I'll report any others that I find.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast