Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    If I buy from Hanspring, will I be able to use it on the Sprint Network? In other words, do I have to buy from Sprint if I use it on Sprint?

Second, assuming I purchased the right phone, can I simply swap my Treo 600 for my old 300? We our an enterprise user of Treo.
    1) You don't have to buy frm Sprint to use it on Sprint.

2) What do you mean by swap? If you want a credit for trading in your old phone, that's a case-by-case issue. If you want to just switch the service, that will work, just call Sprint.
    Do we have to get an new service plan?

Originally posted by skfny

2) What do you mean by swap? If you want a credit for trading in your old phone, that's a case-by-case issue. If you want to just switch the service, that will work, just call Sprint.
    Last edited by manorton; 10/11/2003 at 09:31 AM.
    I was told by a Sprint CSR that they will be offering existing customers a better deal on the 15th. Does anyone know what this better deal is? And has anyone been able to get it now (5 days before they roll it out)?
    go.digital
    I was in the local sprint store tonight and they mentioned the "new" deals as well. I looked at the card, which is basically a double sided piece of cardboard, and what it refers to is what has already been discussed. For a 1 year plan Sprint will give $100 credit and for 2 years $150. There were no other incentives per this rep. My guess is when the holidays roll around maybe there will be better deals.
    Originally posted by medic28
    I was in the local sprint store tonight and they mentioned the "new" deals as well. I looked at the card, which is basically a double sided piece of cardboard, and what it refers to is what has already been discussed. For a 1 year plan Sprint will give $100 credit and for 2 years $150. There were no other incentives per this rep. My guess is when the holidays roll around maybe there will be better deals.
    Is this for new activation or phone purchase only or for existing customers not buying a phone from Sprint who are willing to reup agreement for 1 year?
    As a Treo 300 owner looking forward to upgrading to the 600 ASAP, I was pained when Sprint botched my order for the 600 by sending me ANOTHER Treo 300 but billing me full price ($599 + $50 sales tax- $100 rebate for year contract= $549)!! NOT!!!

However, all's well that ends well... Let me tell you how....
    I ordered the Treo 600 through Handspring.com as an "upgrade" at $399. Arrived 2 days later for a total of $424 or so (after sales tax). Then I called Sprint to activate and calmly insisted that they waive the $36 activation fee for the new phone AS WELL AS credit $100 to my account for signing a 1 year agreement. (since 2 csr's had told me this was their policy when I placed my original Sprint order)

The Activation Rep hemmed and hawed, sent me over to a CSR, who did the same, and finally agreed on "$50 this month and $50 next month with no activation fee". "Oh, by the way", he said, "I can change your account so that your free night minutes start at 8pm rather than 9pm". Of course, they're also taking back the TREO 300 they mistakenly sent me at no cost to me.

FYI, I had a month-to-month agreement with Sprint prior to signing the 1 year agreement today. (Perhaps that helped grease the wheels for the credits.) Since Sprint stands to make ~$1000-1500/year off each of our business (ie $80-120/mo), we should calmly remind the CSRs of the value of our contracts to their company. My experience has shown they certainly listen and respond, even if you have to go through 1 or 2 difficult CSRs.

Best of Luck, and yes, the TREO 600 is AWESOME. I benchmarked it on Palm Commander and it was literally OFF THE CHARTS, esp graphics processing. Good Form Factor. Great Features. I've never seen a machine that could come close to competing on all fronts. ENJOY!
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I trying to figure out how easy it is to install the Treo 600 -- I am an enterprise user and our IT people won't have a lot of time in the immediate near future to do any work at the Server level. In addition, I expect some of the other users will keep their 300s. I wanted to know can I simply unplug my treo 300 and install my 600 (assuming that it has been activated by Sprint)?
    What do you mean by install? Do you mean sync it up?

Yes, you can, although if you run much software that didn't come on the Treo 300 out of the box, you will be much better off if you delete the sync ID, create a new one, and set Outlook to sync to that name instead. That will weed out unneeded stuff as well as hacks and apps that may cause crashes on the T600.

If you mean install it to work with your company's mail system, etc, I dunno, it depends on your company's mail system ...