Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to have the music listened to through Pocket Tunes to play only through the included earbud?

For some reason when I plug in my earbud/headset, Pocket Tunes keeps playing on the speaker on the back of the treo.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    bump
    Mine played through the earbud by default. "using my old 300's earbud however."
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    The Treo detects the microphone on the mono headset. It will only play audio to stereo headsets or headsets with no mic. Although I heard the new NGage stereo headset with mic works well with Treo 600 for telephony and MP3.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I had the same issue and emailed Pockettunes. They informed me that I needed to get the Treo Stereo headphones to allow MP3's to play thru the earbud(s). Mobileplanet.com has it for 19.95 or you can get the Treo stereo adaptor for $5.99 on the handspring website.

hope this helps!

Miguel
    I ordered the Handspring stereo adapter on the 8th but it hasn't shipped yet. I hope it solves the problem. I plan to plug in a car audio adapter plug, a home computer speaker system with subwoofer, and directly into my home entertainment system. I hope it works.
    James
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. That's what I needed. I also ordered the stereo headphones and sync cradle from mobileplanet. Still no sing of them yet. I am sure they are waiting on handspring to ship to them.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    The Treo detects the microphone on the mono headset. It will only play audio to stereo headsets or headsets with no mic. Although I heard the new NGage stereo headset with mic works well with Treo 600 for telephony and MP3.
    2 plugs like skull candy.
    The stereo headset from Handspring will allow you to listen to music, but NOT talk on the phone. It does not have a mic!
    Originally posted by zone97
    Mine played through the earbud by default. "using my old 300's earbud however."
    Same for me. Plays fine through the earbud, but I too am using the Treo 300 earbud... is there a difference??
    Originally posted by silverado
    The stereo headset from Handspring will allow you to listen to music, but NOT talk on the phone. It does not have a mic!

Have you *tried* to talk on the phone with stereo headphones plugged in?

The T600 *does* allow you to talk on the phone while wearing stereo headsets.

So many mis-informed people...
    jello
    Holding down the button on the 600's headset will allow you to listen to tunes...but you'd need to keep your thumb on it or create something from a paperclip to keep the button depressed.
    the T300 headset is a 4-pole connector. The impedance on the mic channel is different, so it will play music (but the mic probably won't work).

the T600 will output mono/mic or stereo depending on the impedance it detects on the Right/Mic channel.

High impedance on that channel will make it play stereo. many car cassette adapters and PC speaker systems have low impedance, meaning the jack will be in headset mode. the workaround is to get a Y-adapter and plug a cheap set of earbuds into one end so the impedance on that channel goes up.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    One other trick-- hold down the button on the mic on the earbuds-- after a couple seconds, you will build up enough impedance to get it to play over your earbud. Of course, then you need something to keep it held down...