1.    #1  
    Accessing SD Card
    I am getting my new treo 600 soon and I would like to know if I have a 256MB SD Card inserted in my 600 and the sync cablel on can I access the drive from my computer? with the sony I see the memory stick as a drive will the SD card show up?

If not how can I put files on it and so on?
    Files can be added via sync. You toggle in hotsync manager to choose the card as the destination, rather than the device itself. The card will not show up mounted on your computer when inserted into your PDA.

You will probably be happier if you buy a card reader. You can get one for under $30 (sometimes under $10 if you shop around). Get USB 2.0 or firewire if your computer supports those standards, as they are 45-50 times faster than regular USB. When you put the SD card into a card reader, it will show up mounted like a hard drive as you described. You will be able to drag and drop, rename files, rename folders, etc etc. Much nicer than doing it all via sync and filez.
    Try this:
    Sync Wizard
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Does anyone know if it is possible to take pictures with my SD enabled digital camera and then pop the SD card into the Treo 600 and then send the hi-res photos as email attachments? Seems like it would be a great way to be able to email high-quality photos while on the road.

I would *think* it would work since the jpegs my digital camera takes are easily accessible from a regular card reader.
    Not really what you asked, but here's a quick anecdote: A co-worker just got his (lucky *******) and we were playing with it. I grabbed a 128MB sd card out of an iPAQ we had lying around the office, popped it into the treo, took a couple of pictures, threw the SD card back into the iPAQ and was able to view the pictures on the iPAQ - I've gotta say I didn't expect that to work.
    Originally posted by johnpalm
    Accessing SD Card
    I am getting my new treo 600 soon and I would like to know if I have a 256MB SD Card inserted in my 600 and the sync cablel on can I access the drive from my computer? with the sony I see the memory stick as a drive will the SD card show up?

If not how can I put files on it and so on?
    Try SoftTick Card Export that allows you to access the SD card as a drive on your pc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions