1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I finally received my Treo 600 from Handspring today. It's great, but I have yet to sync using USB. I can sync over IR (which is painfully slow!), but when I try to sync over my USB cable, it doesn't work.

It's really strange.... I hear the little ping from the HotSync app which usually designates that a sync is about to happen, but it never does. My Treo finally times out and then I hear the "end sync" tone on my laptop, but no HotSync dialog box ever comes up.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Win XP Pro and I've got a fresh Palm Desktop installation (didn't upgrade from an earlier version)

Thanks!
    Originally posted by TreoGuy600
    Hi Everyone,

I finally received my Treo 600 from Handspring today. It's great, but I have yet to sync using USB. I can sync over IR (which is painfully slow!), but when I try to sync over my USB cable, it doesn't work.

It's really strange.... I hear the little ping from the HotSync app which usually designates that a sync is about to happen, but it never does. My Treo finally times out and then I hear the "end sync" tone on my laptop, but no HotSync dialog box ever comes up.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Win XP Pro and I've got a fresh Palm Desktop installation (didn't upgrade from an earlier version)

Thanks!
    Sometimes XP loses its USB connectivity to the Treo. Unplug and replug the cable (with Treo attached) and see if you can get XP to recognize the device. There was a tool called HandspringUSBRegclean.exe that came with the Palm desktop software for the 300 that might be of use too. See if the same sort of thing is on the CD that came with the T6.
    I'm sure this is a bizarre quirk of my setup, but I experienced similar problems at first when syncing through my docking station (Laptop = Dell D400). I yanked the laptop and synched directly to one of its USB ports, and it worked like a charm. Now the dock works again, albeit intermittently. I haven't nailed down the pattern yet as to what's causing it, but using the laptop port definitely made a difference.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help, guys.

I don't have a docking station, so that's not it.

I googled "HandspringUSBRegclean.exe" and checked download.com, treocentral.com search, etc. and couldn't find it. Does anyone know of a download location or have an old copy of it?

Thanks again!
    at the support page for the Treo 300 of the Handspring site a while back. Good luck.
    Be sure you've remembered to change the "sync via" on the Treo to USB / direct. Of couse it's obvious, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.

Also, I've found that sometimes if I use a USB hub, the Treo HotSync won't find the computer. I have to plug the USB cable directly into the computer. So try it without the hub, if you're using one.

Just a few ideas...
  7.    #7  
    Hi All,

I'm the original poster to this thread and after 2-3 hours of messing around with it, I finally got the USB syncing to work. I have no idea if this was just a bizarre configuration on my machine or what, but I thought I'd pass it on just in case...

I had a Treo 180 w/ the Palm Desktop software installed. I then obviously installed my Treo 600 software on top of this. As mentioned above, when I went to sync over USB, it failed to bring up the Hotsync dialog box. After deleting everything related to Palm and Handspring in my registry and a bunch of other crazy things, I finally stumbled on a solution. I plugged my Treo 180 back in my USB port and it installed the driver for my old Treo. I then plugged my Treo 600 back in and somehow it worked!

Again, no idea if this is just an anomaly on my part....

BTW, I know I've seen it mentioned before, but the USB syncing is *FAST*!!
    USB Registry Utility
    (posted: 05/07/2001)
    Corrects some problems that can occur when attempting a USB synchronization. 32KB.
    About - Download

THIS IS THE PLACE TO DOWNLOAD THE "PROBLEM SOLVER":

http://support.handspring.com/downlo...SBRegClean.exe