Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    wireless earbuds and headphones are beat right now - the extra piece you have to plug into the phone is garbage. what's the best wired earbud or headset out there for the 600? preferrably something with a answer/hang up button if nothing else...
  2. #3  
    Thank you. The "freebie" headset sucks, piece of crapola. I need a better one fast.
  3. #4  
    I think this is the intended link for the headset above. The first link references the incompatible version of the headset.

    Treo compatible version of the headset
  4.    #5  
    so does this have the call answher/hang up?
  5. #6  
    Anyone know if the equivalent Jabra earset windup for Nokia models will work with the Treo 600, including the on/off switch?

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
  6. #7  
    <text deleted>

    Oops, I guess this doesn't apply to the 600.
    Last edited by rmacphee; 10/12/2003 at 07:39 PM.
  7. #8  
    Logitech makes a retractable one that comes in two flavors, earbud with in line answer/end button, and mini boom.

    Both are stylish, and from I hear, the design is comfortable and will stay put in your ear.

    I don't have one yet, as I plan on moving from my Treo 300 to the 600 in two weeks, but you can check it at Logitechs website.

    They seem to be a little hard to find at retail outlets. Try Fry's if there is one nearby, otherwise you can order from their website directly, even though they are a bit overpriced.
  8.    #9  
    Originally posted by JamesA
    Anyone know if the equivalent Jabra earset windup for Nokia models will work with the Treo 600, including the on/off switch?

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    I have the "regular" (non-nokia) version of this windup and i love it - it works great on the treo except one thing no on/off switch? did you find one with an on/off switch?? i really want that feature....
  9. #10  
    Originally posted by treotim
    I think this is the intended link for the headset above. The first link references the incompatible version of the headset.

    Treo compatible version of the headset
    No - isn't that the Treo 300 compatible version - whereas the Treo 600 has a standard 2.5mm plug??
  10. #11  
    Its odd how they say we need a 3 ring plug for the headset when the included one has just 2 rings on it? Why is this? I ordered the improved one from HS site, but the Plantronics version looks good too, but the HS one is $15 so not too bad.
  11. randyg's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #12  
    will my 180g earpiece not work with the 600? what kind of earpiece comes with the 600? does it not have the on/off button on the mic? what is it that you don't like about the standard 600 earpiece?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  12.    #13  
    Originally posted by ardint
    Logitech makes a retractable one that comes in two flavors, earbud with in line answer/end button, and mini boom.

    Both are stylish, and from I hear, the design is comfortable and will stay put in your ear.

    I don't have one yet, as I plan on moving from my Treo 300 to the 600 in two weeks, but you can check it at Logitechs website.

    They seem to be a little hard to find at retail outlets. Try Fry's if there is one nearby, otherwise you can order from their website directly, even though they are a bit overpriced.
    anyone ever used any of these?

    Logitech Models
  13. #14  
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    wireless earbuds and headphones are beat right now - the extra piece you have to plug into the phone is garbage. what's the best wired earbud or headset out there for the 600? preferrably something with a answer/hang up button if nothing else...
    http://www.theboom.com
    Regards,

    Robert
  14. #15  
    treoZilla:

    Although I wasn't able to get to use it for more than a few minutes, I was able to try the earbud quickly.

    I can tell you that it was confortable, it stayed put in my ear (unlike most, since my ears are "wierd") and the sound quality was very good. The only thing that is unknown to me is whether or not it can stand the window-down-on-the-highway test.

    Especially important since I am a smoker.
  15.    #16  
    Originally posted by ardint
    treoZilla:

    Although I wasn't able to get to use it for more than a few minutes, I was able to try the earbud quickly.

    I can tell you that it was confortable, it stayed put in my ear (unlike most, since my ears are "wierd") and the sound quality was very good. The only thing that is unknown to me is whether or not it can stand the window-down-on-the-highway test.

    Especially important since I am a smoker.
    ardint - did it have the call answer/hang up button? was it one with the retractable cord?
  16. #17  
    TreoZilla

    Yes, it does have the answer/end button. The model I was using was the earbud, and it was retractable.

    Don't know from first hand, but the boom version also has an answer/end button in the ear, from the website.
  17.    #18  
    how was the retractable piece? work well? size? thanks!!
  18. #19  
    No complaints about the retraction. It was comfortable, and had good sound.

    All in all, it was a solid piece.

    Personally, though, I plan on getting the miniboom version.

Posting Permissions