1.    #1  
    I just had a couple questions for people who have their Treo 600s on SprintPCS:

How is phone reception/clarity/signal quality?

Have your been able to use e-mail?
    If so, have you used POP3 or IMAP mail? using what app?
    Have you been able to connect into an exchange environment?

Have you used IM?
    Does it work well?
    Does it come with both AOL IM and Yahoo! IM?

Thanks in advance. These are things that will be a big deal to me day to day and will impact my decision regarding Sprint or another carrier.
    Originally posted by moze

Have you used IM?
    Does it work well?

Thanks in advance. These are things that will be a big deal to me day to day and will impact my decision regarding Sprint or another carrier.
    I've only been in possession of mine for 36 hours, but here are my experiences...

No on email. Can't seem to find the app that allows POP3.

I used IM (AOL) last night and while it worked, it wasn't real convenient. I did not, however, use any kind of separate application, just the PCS Vision web version.
    New to the Treo world, but this 600 really has a pile of possibilities.

Phone reception is very good, no complaints yet, and for once I have coverage in my home. Clairity is very good and callers cannot tell if I use the handset, headset or speakerphone. The speakerphone just plain rocks.

I have been able to check POP email from my DSL provider, but not send since they don't allow anyone not directly on their network to send mail. Anyone know if there is a free SMTP service out there or if I can get an SMTP daemon for Palm?

To check email, I downloaded Eudora for Palm - it worked very well and easily. I just wish I could select multiple items to delete all the spam I get, but it WAS free so I can't complain that much.

I haven't done Exchange yet, but that's on my list as I am in MIS and would love remote mail.

No IM yet, but that's another item on my list.

-former
    -former
    It took me 3 weeks to get set up to send out. You use Sprint to send out email. Go to search and see how the guy did it for bellsouth. If no luck with the search email me at johnsilverman@bellsouth.net and I'll tell you how to do it.
    Originally posted by moze

Have you used IM?
    Does it work well?

Got mine last night...

- signal and clarity excellent - better than 300, but that may be just the form factor - you can get this closer to your ear as the speaker is not on the flip lid

- e-mail - I reinstalled eudora for palm - works great for my POP3 accounts - faster than on the 300

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I am also looking for the perfect e-mail solution. I got my Treo on Wednesday, installed Iambic Mail last night and set up 2 POP accounts. It works well, no hitches. It also allows you to send mail from a POP account that requires authentication.

I'm weighing the features and deficiencies of Iambic vs. other e-mail clients. Guess I'll test drive several of them before settling on my solution.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I find the reception is excellent in three areas I have tested, Riverside, CA, Oreange County, CA, Dallas Airport, Crytal City and Washington D.C.

For email I have been using Snappermail and it works very well. I can receive and send (it authenticates on my mail server) so I don't need to use SPrint's service to send pop email.

I haven't tried IM so I Can't comment. I haven't tried any connection with an exchange server yet (with this phone), but that is not dependent on the phone but rather the client software. I have tried Infosync and Netnotify in the past and both worked on our machine getting through the firewall etc. Visto I could not get to work. I haven't tried Business Connect.
    John