1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this has been talked about already, did a search and nothing..

I thought the t600 would be no worse then the t300 in the OE form. IN other words, you could get SMS/Teext Messages, but not send them (unless you had Treo300SMS). Is it true that you CAN'T receive SMS/Text with the t600 either due to the "new" system that sprint is going to?
    I asssume in the future, when Sprint gets the new SMS going (November, correct?), that a OE T600 can recieve and send SMS/TExt, but nothing now, correct?

WIll there be mutli medi supprt in the new Sprint SMS/Text system? (send a pic with a SMS?)

TIA, Matt
  2.    #2  
    Little help....

please...

83 hits and no reply, someone has to know...or at least link me to where I can find a thread about this..
    Thanks
    Right now there's a lame solution that provides marginal function. The send function in the SMS application returns an error message saying that the service will be available "soon".

You can use the browser and the "messaging/PCS Short Mail" function found on the Vision Home page to both send and receive. If you receive a message, you'll get an alert and a pointer to the message on the web that you can view with the browser.

TreoSMS doesn't seem to do anything on the 600.

This is the result from about 10 minutes of testing. Others may have better, more complete answers.
  4.    #4  
    So I need to set all my alerts to my @messaging.sprintPCS.com assy then, untill I Sprint gets the "new" system up in November? So I will get an alert when I get one of these then?

Wierd, so you can't get SMS/Text alerts, but you can still be alerted by Sprint that you have one. strange.

THANKS FOR THE INFO>>>:shortcut:

I thought it was just me.

Has anyone had any luck with Treo300SMS? Having a T6 without SMS is like driving a Ferrari stuck in second gear.
    I am receiving text messages directly in the T600 fine. No need to go out to the web to view them.

Of course, I can't send messages.
  7.    #7  
    bbdwebz, So it sounds like the T600 (now, before the "new" SMS/Text thing is going in November) is acting just like the T300 in the original form.
    You can receive SMS/Text, just not send them, correct? That is how I am reading your reply, Thanks,Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    bbdwebz, So it sounds like the T600 (now, before the "new" SMS/Text thing is going in November) is acting just like the T300 in the original form.
    You can receive SMS/Text, just not send them, correct? That is how I am reading your reply, Thanks,Matt
    Yes, you can receive SMS/Text on the 600 if people send it to "yourmobilenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com"

I just sent myself a note from Hotmail to the 600 and it came through.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Correct. Receiving fine. Can't send.
    I had to have my t600 access Shortmail......I must say that it loaded pretty fast....gave me the full text message and how to respond.....

One thing that the treo300 could not do was actually show the message in full text.....the 600 can. I can deal with this until SPrint makes thier SMS available.......or www.pdaapps.com upgrades their SMS software!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  11.    #11  
    Good feed back, thanks!!
    I send text messages by setting a favorite key to the following weblink:

messaging.sprintpcs.com

It's not the greatest format, but at least it is a temporary fix until they get the SMS working.
  13.    #13  
    I love this site!!! Thanks.
    When I try to connect to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/ I get a
    Could Not Connect
    Description: could not connect to the server "messaging.sprint.pcs.com" ???
    When I first got my Treo 300, I wanted a better solution than Treo300SMS/ShortMail so that I could send a true SMS to people without having to make them access Sprint's shortmail. The messaging.sprintpcs.com site has this functionality, but it practically unusable from Blazer.

My proxy is up at http://www.carde.com/sms/ and everyone is welcome to use it. It's not 100% reliable, nor is it guaranteed to be around forever. Nonetheless, it gets the job done for me more often than not!

If you've got the HTML skills, you can easily build an HTML form with a drop-down box listing all of your contacts' names and numbers, and point it at my proxy. That's what I did so that I can SMS my friends without entering their and my numbers.

Hope this helps somebody!
    Chris
    Seems pretty coool. But where did you get the java script? I would like to post this on my web site Thanks,

GM
    PilotChris- thanks for the link. It's much faster and more efficient that Sprint's!
    Originally posted by Gameboy70

I thought it was just me.

Has anyone had any luck with Treo300SMS? Having a T6 without SMS is like driving a Ferrari stuck in second gear.
    I just emailed PDAapps regarding this and they replied back to me that they will soon release a "Treo600SMS" very shortly!!

Also, in addition to Pilot Chris's proxy (whic is great), there are some other sites out there that will allow you to send sms's:

http://www.microcio.com/mobile/sms/

and

http://wap.sprintusers.com/wap/tm/

Both are great temporary solutions to send SMS on the Treo600 IMO. Also, I beleive both can send to other carriers, sprintusers definitely can... These should all be good temporary solutions until PDAapps releases Treo600SMS and/or when Sprint launches MO-SMS...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    GFunk..

THis is good news. I knew if enough people bugged PDAAPS they would go ahead and upgrade TREOSMS.

Also...I would suggest getting their AlertManager.....it caused the phone to act like a pager. It will have the phone to keep vibrating/ringing at a predetermined amount of time....until you either press a button or touch the screen. How many times have you missed a "missed call" message? AlertManager will continue to notifiy you until you respond.

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!