1.    #1  
    According to the recent Handspring earnings call, in response to a question regarding the possibility of Verizon support of the Treo 600, a Handspring official said that it can be "absolutely ruled out" for 2003 due to exclusivity clauses in the Sprint agreement. However, he left the door open for the future and said something about continuing to work with Verizon before his voice became inaudible ...
    Isn't there a text version of the earnings call somewhere where we can find out the rest of that statement?

This leaves me very disappointed and somewhat conflicted!
    Oh well I guess VzW just can't HEAR ME NOW.
    Has anyone tried getting the MSL to using it to get a CDMA treo 600 to activate on Verizon's network as primariy carrier?
    Where I live Verizon has best coverage by far, so I am waiting for someone to try this.
    Verizon vs. Sprint (hardware). Both had the KYO6035. Then Sprint got the Treo 300 (aside from samsung's don't mention its). Then Verizon got the KYO7135. Then Sprint got the Treo 600. Don't you want to wait for what Verizon will come up with?
    If they are as easy about adding phones they don't sell as I have read, then we may not need to wait for them to come on board. Someone needs to try it and see if it works for both phone and data.
    with the KYO6035 would tell you that voice will work but data will need some serious programming. IMHO.
    You can put it on VzW's cdma network, BUT, the data side may not work as HS indicated it wasn't supported by VzW. I showed it off to the local store while they were updating th software on my backup phone T720 (crapola device) and they were impressed. I asked why aren't you carrying it? Blank stares was the answer.
    Here is the formal email reply I received when I asked about Treo 600 support:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

It does not look like that phone will work on our network. However, you may want to visit one of our Verizon Wireless stores to be certain. They will be able to look at the phone and give a definite
    answer.

Below I have provided a link for you to view the Verizon Wireless sales locations in your area:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/apps/...elocator.enter

As part of our Worry Free Guarantee you'll enjoy the largest, most advanced nationwide wireless network. Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Darrin
    Verizon Wireless Customer Service
    Looks like it will require accessing someone with technical knowledge on compatibility and their willingness to give it a try.
    I called customer service and they requested the ESN number for the Treo 600 as a way to look up any history of this phone in their system. The ESN number is like a phone model's fingerprint. It is usually printed inside the phone under the battery. I know the battery doesn't come out. Does anyone who has the Treo 600 know the ESN number? Perhaps it is written on the phone and/or packaging.
    Originally posted by mwelp
    I called customer service and they requested the ESN number for the Treo 600 as a way to look up any history of this phone in their system. The ESN number is like a phone model's fingerprint. It is usually printed inside the phone under the battery. I know the battery doesn't come out. Does anyone who has the Treo 600 know the ESN number? Perhaps it is written on the phone and/or packaging.
    ESN stands for "Electronic Serial Number." It is not a "fingerprint" of a model of phone -- it's an identifier for an individual phone. Every Treo 600 will have a different ESN. People really should not give out their ESN (especially in public or on a website like this).
    The ESN number is on the device itself.