1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me if there may be any SIGNIFICANT differences between the (hopefully)released HS Treo 600 in Oct & Tmo's in Nov (other than a logo). It (HS 600) will still work with Tmo voice and data, right?
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but Handspring is selling carrier specific devices at a subsidized price. Why would they subsidize their unlocked model when the current unlocked Treo 270 is still priced at $699?

I think we are being naive to think that the unlocked GSM model will be released at $399. Or have I missed something here?

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Nautilus Man
    I think we are being naive to think that the unlocked GSM model will be released at $399. Or have I missed something here?

-THP
    I just spoke to Handspring Sales and the seemed confident that for existing Treo 180/270/300 customers will have the option to purchase a unlocked GSM model with their upgrade program when they are in stock from their website.

This would make sense, since I originally bought an unlocked GSM modle from them 1.5 years ago.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but Handspring is selling carrier specific devices at a subsidized price. Why would they subsidize their unlocked model when the current unlocked Treo 270 is still priced at $699?

-THP
    I don't think we're being naive at all. The bottom line is that HS will sell the unlocked Treo 600 for $599. But in addition to selling them at that price, HS will also offer a $200 discount to existing Treo users. These are two seperate issues.

Here's an example for you:
    If a person who is an existing TMO customer and uses one of their camera phones decides that the Treo 600 is the device for them, they can buy an unlocked one from HS for $599. Since they are not an existing Treo user, they don't get the discount. Therefore HS is not subsidizing their unlocked Treo, they are just rewarding their existing Treo customers.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Is that true about a $200 discount? It makes me want to go out and get a Treo cheaply just for the discount. Then I would be getting "something" for my extra $200. Is it true that whatever GSM carrier you choose to use your unlocked treo will have to put software on the treo to us GPRS?

-THP
    These phones are not "subsidized". The term "subsidized" usually refers to carrier subsidies. The phones HS are selling at $399, starting with the Sprint 600 they are selling now, are NOT subsidized by the carriers because they do not require any kind of contract! In fact when you buy one of these sprint phones you have to call sprint yourself when you receive the phone to sign up for service.
    Um 200bux off for existing, why don't companies give deals to new users? I want a 600 but the price is offencive that I'm switching from another phone to theirs.
    Originally posted by animepix
    Um 200bux off for existing, why don't companies give deals to new users? I want a 600 but the price is offencive that I'm switching from another phone to theirs.
    The carrier (Sprint) does if you get a 1 or 2-year contract.
    Has anyone confirmed the exact unlocked price of an unlocked GSM Treo 600 for existing Treo users when they become available on their website? Has anyone seen anything that confirms a $399 price point?

Thanks.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Has anyone confirmed the exact unlocked price of an unlocked GSM Treo 600 for existing Treo users when they become available on their website? Has anyone seen anything that confirms a $399 price point?

Thanks.

-THP
    Yes I have entered my serial number via the Owner upgrade page and gone through to the select a phone page and there is an option for an unlocked GSM phone at US$399.

It is currently not in stock but is expected to be available soon. No doubt we will here about it on treocentral first

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Originally posted by silverado

The carrier (Sprint) does if you get a 1 or 2-year contract.
    I'm with tmobile, sprint screwed me royally before, they owed me $100+ in credit and they never paid.

Anyway, is there anyone talking about tmobile deals? I know its been delayed, but with tmobile everything is delayed.
    I have the sidekick <bleh>
    sorry if I sound rude but could we get back on-topic again? Is the T-Mobile-Version different from the general GSM-Version?

Comparing the simulator version of the Orange treo 600 and the general treo 600 there are some differences. For instance, Orange has some additional programs (Backup, Update...), names apps differently (Internet instead of Web) and uses orange (in my opinion ugly) icons for some apps (new and standard apps)

What's different in the T-Mobile-Version? Magenta icons *shiver*?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0