Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Unfortunately, I don't like "musical" ringtones. Subsequently, I am not a fan of any of the pre-installed ringtones on my new Treo 600.

Does anyone know where I can find "normal", "ring-like" tones for use with the T600? I am not averse to paying, however, free would be better. Specifically, I would love the "old ring" that is used on the PocketPC phone and SonyEricsson models.

Thanks for any help.
  2.    #2  
    Somebody please help.

None of the ringtones are acceptable in a professional atmosphere. There has to be normal alternatives.
    I don't know where you can find "normal" tones.

But I work with attorney's (hint: anal) and I don't think "quick ring" will cause any problems.. have you listened at that one?
    I am looking for the same thing. I have an MP3 ringer of an old style phone bell ringing as my main ringer on a Kyocera 7135. I know I can't use MP3's on a T600, but I would like to find a similar sound.

Guess we'll just have to keep looking.
    The "old phone' ring tone I had in my I700 was really nice with the increasing tone. This would cut through the music really well.
    bumping this back up to see if anyone knows of places with "normal" ringtones. I too work in a professional environment and don't want a "song" as my ringer. Didn't the 300 have one called "professional"? Wish they still had that, none of the included ones are really any good imo.
    Does anybody know how to get our old ringers from our Treo 300's into our new 600's??

I've been searching for "professional" ringtones for over a year. I've since found that the most professional ring tone is none at all. Use vibrate and keep the phone on you all the time.
    They're MIDI, and I have MIDI gear and software. I'm planning on making a bunch of custom ringers.

I don't have my phone yet, probably next week due to the backorder, so I don't know how well that plan will work. Once I get it, I'll experiment and gladly upload some ringers if it works out. The files are tiny.

Is the 600 ringer like other MIDI phones -- one polyphonic tone generator? Or are there different sounds (instruments)?
    bump
    You can go make your own with only one instrument chosen using various MIDI sequencing applications such as Cubase.

You can get a lot of free monophonic midi files all over the net. e.g. www.sunncity.com - mostly poly but some monos

There is one on-device editor that seems to work for both polyphonic and monophonic ringtone creation: MusicStudio from www.micromadhouse.com. The copy I have is a little buggy but I hope they will fix the glitches. (later edit - actually this does not save the tones into the right area yet - so hold off on buying this one for now but it does let you edit tunes and choose from the internal instruments for multiple channels which is very cool.)
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 10/14/2003 at 12:19 AM.
    Quick search on google for

'normal ringtone midi'

Comes up with

http://www.snigelpost.org/nonmusic.html
    Is it possible to have multiple ring tones automatically cycle one after the other for each incoming call? I have a Windows game that I wrote which has 6 MIDI songs and I would love it if I could use them as rings.

I have yet to receive my T600 -- still at Status: Order Received.

Jerry
    I use the "Loud Phone" which sounds the least cheesy of them all... it's good enough for now, I guess.
    Originally posted by jerw99
    Is it possible to have multiple ring tones automatically cycle one after the other for each incoming call? I have a Windows game that I wrote which has 6 MIDI songs and I would love it if I could use them as rings.

I have yet to receive my T600 -- still at Status: Order Received.

Jerry
    You need to use a midi editor to string them all into one midi file.
    How about the sound of john wayne baging a wild west dinner gong, the you can "reach fer yer treo" from its holster. YE HAW!

currently running...................away
    just wanted to bump this thread cuz i think i will need a regluar ringtone for my t600 gsm if it ever comes out
    Have you tried 3gupload.com? They have a whole section called "Normal Ringtones" - of course, it's debatable whether some of them are 'normal.'

-Yvonne
    Okay, for some dumb reason I made it my mission to find some of these 'normal' ringtones that are freely downloadable. I found some at the following German site - about halfway down the page you'll find a bunch of "normal midi tones" which I think will do nicely for you!

http://www.schiessler.com/s55.html
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but once I have emailed a midi ringtone to myself, and saved the attachment, how can I select it using Preferences...Sound?

thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast