1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you can listen to the online streaming media on this phone or not ?

Does this phone play any of the streaming media from websites in any of the formats such as windows media, real media, shoutcast, MP3 stream etc ?

I would very much love to listen to streaming online media on the speakerphone of this phone...something like news etc.

Any ideas ?
    No ideas, but that would be awesome if it were possible!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Originally posted by AshCraft
    Does anyone know if you can listen to the online streaming media on this phone or not ?

Does this phone play any of the streaming media from websites in any of the formats such as windows media, real media, shoutcast, MP3 stream etc ?

I would very much love to listen to streaming online media on the speakerphone of this phone...something like news etc.

Any ideas ?
    Nope. Unfortunatley, you can't stream audio on PalmOS yet...However there are some apps like mmplayer that will do this shortly...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Question from a new Treo 600 owner: does streaming audio count toward your total data rate for the month?

I have AT&T and can't see how I can avoid going over my monthly limit in about 2 days if I'm listening to Internet radio at the gym or somewhere.
    If you buy the deluxe Pocket Tunes (only $10), you can listen to streaming audio from Shoutcast.

I don't have a link handy, but if you search "shoutcast", you'll find some threads on it.

It's extremely neat!
    Originally posted by JasonM
    Question from a new Treo 600 owner: does streaming audio count toward your total data rate for the month?

I have AT&T and can't see how I can avoid going over my monthly limit in about 2 days if I'm listening to Internet radio at the gym or somewhere.
    You bet! I'm not sure what the actual count is per sec. but I'm sure it'll go quick. If you're gonna listen to alot of streaming audio the only way around it that I can see would be to have the unlimited package that is pretty expensive!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone