Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I could only find a webcam in the office so the quality is almost as poor as with the Treo 600 camera

First one:

Comparison with a Marlboro pack (yes, that is saying "Smoking kills") and my Sony Z5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mol; 10/10/2003 at 09:44 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Only the phone
  3.    #3  
    Detailed shot of the screen. Note that though my phone is set to English the text on the wallpaper is still in French (which means that even Palm OS5 can't translate images).
  4.    #4  
    Picture of the AZERTY keyboard
  5.    #5  
    The Orange box.
  6.    #6  
    In the case. You can't access the phone when it's in the case. Useless.
  7.    #7  
    Case + Treo together.

That's all. If you want me to take others let me know. I'm around for another 2 hours and then I'm heading home for the weekend.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Picture of the AZERTY keyboard
    AZERTY?
    is this a modification you've made on your own, or did I miss some sort of differential keyboard layout according to country specs or something?

Christopher
    Oslo, Norway

...who thought all T600 had QWERTY keyboards, ref http://www.handspring.com/products/c..._keybrd_lg.jpg
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by grenness

AZERTY?
    is this a modification you've made on your own, or did I miss some sort of differential keyboard layout according to country specs or something?

Christopher
    Oslo, Norway

...who thought all T600 had QWERTY keyboards, ref http://www.handspring.com/products/c..._keybrd_lg.jpg
    That's the standard keyboard of the french version. There aren't too many people that know this, but there even were specific German and French versions of the 270. This is why it's asking you to press the Z button during the setup.

Actually, if somebody figures out how to mod it, let me know. I'm Dutch and prefer a US keyboard.
    Mol, thanks for posting pics of your GSM T600!
    I'd buy one from Orange and use it in the States if possible just to be the only person I know with the AZERTY keyboard! Stupid? Sure, but it makes me happy...
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by JSquareWS6
    I'd buy one from Orange and use it in the States if possible just to be the only person I know with the AZERTY keyboard! Stupid? Sure, but it makes me happy...
    As long as you can live with a Euro sign instead of dollar sign, I'd say go for it!
    hi !

i'm in paris/france; where did you buy it ?

thanks
    As long as you can live with a Euro sign instead of dollar sign, I'd say go for it!

That's cool - the Euro is more stylish anyway... but WE'VE got peach-colored twenty dollar bills now! Wahoo!

I am tempted but I may just wait for the unlocked GSM's to hit the Handspring site - if they do actually hit next week. I wonder what I would miss without the T-Mobile preloaded applications?

Anyway, take some stupid pictures from the Treo and post them [stupidity level at MOL's discretion...]
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by koros
    hi !

i'm in paris/france; where did you buy it ?

thanks
    I went to three FT/Orange shops:

* at place de Clichy - hadn't received any
    * at rue d'Amsterdam - the chap before me bought the last one
    * at place Victor Hugo. They had still at least one more left yesterday.

I noticed that the shops that have received stock also have a big ad on the window with a fake Treo on display. It's saying "first phone with an integrated Palm". Ha!

Prices are 399 with contract (regardless of the contract), 499 for an upgrade ("PCM") and 679 without contract but it's still SIM-locked. All in euros of course.
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by JSquareWS6

Anyway, take some stupid pictures from the Treo and post them [stupidity level at MOL's discretion...]
    I figured taking a shot of your request and the webcam that I used for the other pics definitely qualifies as stupid.
  17.    #17  
    View from our office. Yes, that's an old graveyard in the 18th of Paris. Actually quite nice because it's quiet and we can point our sales reps at it when they're not making their numbers.
  18.    #18  
    Another one of the graveyard.
  19.    #19  
    And the webcam again. As somebody else already mentioned, the pictures do become much better if you let the camera the time to focus.
    thnx! for the pics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast