Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    These images are much better than I had expected from all the other comments I'd been hearing. Even the webcam (indoor) shot is in focus and reasonably well exposed (if you can use that term with a digital image).

Congratulations on your new toy...ahem, productivity tool, Mol!
    Thanks Mol!! I'm shocked at the quality of your pics vs some others. Do you think your camera is better or is it just that you wait to let the camera focus first?

So, have you heard anything about a recall? Have you found the rumered "glitch" in your software? How is the unit overall? Did you post a review that I missed?!!

Thanks!
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by scrinch

Congratulations on your new toy...ahem, productivity tool, Mol!
    Thx. It's Friday afternoon and I'm about to leave for a week of vacation so I figured what the heck.

On Sunday I'll try to post some live pictures from the Knicks vs Spurs. If Orange indeed managed to get the international roaming activated in less than 3 days and the quad-band works
    Thanks for the pics Mol.

I really like the first one with the Malboro pack and the big ol' bold 'SMOKING KILLS' on it

Very subtle Last time I was in France, it didn't look like it had any effect on people though !
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by silverado
    Thanks Mol!! I'm shocked at the quality of your pics vs some others. Do you think your camera is better or is it just that you wait to let the camera focus first?

So, have you heard anything about a recall? Have you found the rumered "glitch" in your software? How is the unit overall? Did you post a review that I missed?!!

Thanks!
    I saw a few pics in another thread that were of amazing quality as well and the guy mentioned the focus time as the reason. He posted some examples of the same shot with 1 second and 10 seconds focus time.

Didn't post a review, there are so many floating around already that I thought it wasn't worth writing another one. My most important observations are in line with my initial "review" that I posted after the Orange seminar some weeks ago, except for that the camera is better than expected. Also, I'm going to dump my Creative Nomad Jukebox and use the Treo as my MP3 player from now on.

Also worth mentioning: all my colleagues are all over it. They always thought that my 270 was a funky gadget but with the 600 they want to touch it and try it all the time.

There are a number of little tweaks that I'm hoping somebody will fix:

* The phone button should take you straight to the Speed Dial, instead of the current two choices of wallpaper (totally useless) and Dial Pad. Currently I need to press Phone and then Up to go to Speed Dial.

* The Keyguard quickly becomes annoying when you're not carrying it in your pocket. You can disable it completely, but what I'd really like to be able to do is press and hold the keyguard button for 2 seconds to disable/enable it.

* The equivalent of KeysCapsHack. Really really missing it.

* The equivalent of TreoHelper. The phone does seem to switch back on after a reset if it was on before the reset, but I've noticed it didn't restore the connection after a 20 minutes ride in the underground. So I'd like to have the 'stop searching and retry every 5 minutes' feature. The automatic GPRS connection is less critical because the connection time is one second compared to at least 10 with my 270. Don't know whether this is only because of the class 10 GPRS. Could be that Orange GPRS network is better than SFR's.
    Dank U wel!
    Mol,

This is the picture you emailed me. Looks nice for a night picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOL - posting a picture of my post made my day. I feel so... famous now. I wonder if you had have waited the ten seconds or so for the focus to work itself out could I have read my own post via your picture post.

Sorry, it's Friday and I've got an hour and a half left here in the office and I have extreme Treo envy - so I'll just have to live it through you.

Thanks!
  9.    #29  
    Originally posted by JSquareWS6
    MOL - posting a picture of my post made my day. I feel so... famous now. I wonder if you had have waited the ten seconds or so for the focus to work itself out could I have read my own post via your picture post.

Sorry, it's Friday and I've got an hour and a half left here in the office and I have extreme Treo envy - so I'll just have to live it through you.

Thanks!
    No soup for you!

So, Mol... any particular reason you wanted me to post an image you sent me by email?
  11.    #31  
    I wasn't sure I would be able to login tonight and since I'm off to New York the coming week I may not login for another week.

The Eiffel Tower was just too much of an icing on the cake to let it go by after the silly flurry of pictures that I had already posted.

Thx for posting it. Isn't this the best geek forum on the net today?

On a more serious note: it would be nice if the TC team could add a feature to upload pics from the treo.treocentral.com site.
    do all cigarettes in France have that warning? is that what the law requires?
    Identical to the Sprint CDMA phone in the states..
    (save for the azerty!)

I used to work for a belgian based software company, the azerty keyboard always kept me on my toes whenever someone would come stateside.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    not quite the same as Sprint. The Orange version, apparently, has no protrusion by the earpiece. The orange version is flat like the silver GSM version
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12