Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I just can't wait any longer! With the delay in the T-Mobile release till the latter half of November, I decided to get a Sprint Treo 600 for $360 ($400 from Handspring - 5% from using ebates.com) and use it until the T-Mobile one comes out. I will then sell my Sprint 600 on ebay and get the GSM model for $399 (I have bought 2 270's so I have 2 SN's to use). In the mean time will keep my cell phone number by forwarding my current 270 to the sprint number. What I will lose is the activation fee plus a month or so of service charges to Sprint, but what the heck. I might be able to make some of that back when selling the the Sprint 600 on ebay.

I think that's a great solution for a gadget freak like me!
  2. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Why not buy an unlocked GSM version that are supposed to be released next week?
    I was heartbroken when I received THE email message! I am stuck on the GSM model and will wait until NOV. Maybe the wait will produce a more stable and enjoyable 600. Good luck with Sprint Silverado!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by BD1
    Good point! I forgot to talk about that... I had decided that IF the unlocked GSM version comes out next week, I'll cancel my current order of the Sprint 600 since we are looking at a week's delay in shipping.
    Originally posted by BD1
    So what exactly is happening with unlocked GSM T600s? Anyone have details versus speculation?
    The unlocked GSM Treo will be available exclusively from Handspring's web site by the end of the month, I believe - listen to the first 10 minutes of the earnings conference call (I apologize for not being able to state this as fact since I simply forgot what Donna Dubinsky said already!).
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    The unlocked GSM Treo will be available exclusively from Handspring's web site by the end of the month, I believe - listen to the first 10 minutes of the earnings conference call (I apologize for not being able to state this as fact since I simply forgot what Donna Dubinsky said already!).
    Thanks, Seldom.
    Originally posted by silverado
    OK, I just can't wait any longer! With the delay in the T-Mobile release till the latter half of November, I decided to get a Sprint Treo 600 for $360 ($400 from Handspring - 5% from using ebates.com) and use it until the T-Mobile one comes out. I will then sell my Sprint 600 on ebay and get the GSM model for $399 (I have bought 2 270's so I have 2 SN's to use). In the mean time will keep my cell phone number by forwarding my current 270 to the sprint number. What I will lose is the activation fee plus a month or so of service charges to Sprint, but what the heck. I might be able to make some of that back when selling the the Sprint 600 on ebay.

I think that's a great solution for a gadget freak like me!
    Silverado, you're a true, hardcore Treo 600 Fanatic...I mean FAN!!!
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Question is will the upgrade price of $399 be available?

I thought I heard something about Handspring only selling locked phones for upgrades as a deal with the carriers to limit churn. The irony in all this is that I want to stick with my carrier (T-Mo) and if an unlocked version is not available, I may very well switch like Silverado. I have two serials to work with though because my wife does not want an upgrade.

GRRR!!!
    I sincerely hope the unlocked phone comes out next week. I don't want a logo and t-jingle anyway. I placed an order with DPComputers as soon as they said they were getting them (I am number one on their list) and they are saying the 17th right now.

I hope this isn't one of those situations where the date keeps slipping once a week and never comes out.

Jake
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
  11.    #11  
    echaban:

I'm only switching temporarily. I need GSM because I travel and want to use the same (expensive) phone everywhere I go. I figure it will also be fun to check out Vision and Sprint in the process without losing much dough. It's no contract and a low price from HS which allows a decent return from ebay. Great deal IMO.
    I have done exactly what you're thinking about doing.

how do you intend to avoid the earlt termination fee with Sprint,

As time wears on, I am increasingly thinking that I am going to keep the Sprint one (from which I am posting now).
    he's not buying a contract I assume.
    How
  15.    #15  
    Yes, no contract needed! I'm getting it from Handspring at $399 with no strings (or contracts) attached!
    although DPComputer store is now saying the 17th - according to this site which links to Ingram Micro the date is still today

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...html&ORDER_ID=

i'll believe when i see it.
    Originally posted by silverado
    Yes, no contract needed! I'm getting it from Handspring at $399 with no strings (or contracts) attached!
    Are you suggesting that sprint will sell you service without a contract on a month to month basis?
    W
    Ben
    Sorry about the miss fire.
    if i do not have an upgrade from handspring, what is the price for an unlocked gsm version?
    Ben
    W
    Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast