Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    What are you doing different than I was doing? Probably your far superior level of experience with Grafitti is helping. Can you get JOT to work in G2 mode without crashing?
  2. davsug's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
       #22  
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    What are you doing different than I was doing? Probably your far superior level of experience with Grafitti is helping. Can you get JOT to work in G2 mode without crashing?
    Can't seem to get G2 working, which is odd since the OS should support it.

    I've had more than a few Pocket PCs, so I'm pretty familiar with Jot anyway, which makes it as easy to use as Grafitti.
  3. #23  
    I just wanted to clarify the model numbers here for the samsung.

    SGH-i500 (not out yet):

    The device runs PalmOS 5.2 on an 300mhz Intel PXA262 processor, with 32MB ROM / 32MB RAM. The SGH-i500 lacks a dedicated Grafitti area. Palm OS 5.2 includes the Graffiti 2 input system.


    SPH-i500 (the one that the poster was talking about):

    runs Palm OS 4.1 and sports a 66 MHz Dragonball processor and 16MB of RAM. 160 x 240 pixel touch screen that displays 65,000 colors.
  4. #24  
    Use the keyboard for one week, and you'll find that you prefer it to Graffiti.

    Use it for 10 minutes and you'll continue to miss Graffiti.

    That's pretty much how it goes every time.

    I've heard of people doing more than 40 wpm on the keyboard. I can probably do about 30, and I've had keyboards for PDAs for only a few months.
  5. #25  
    The T600 is by far a better PDA. I had the I500 for a few months and liked it very much. However, the very small graffiti area made id sometime difficult for this experienced graffiti user. The web browser is pretty slow and does not support as many sites or SSL like the T600. The expansion slot is the killer app as far as I am concerned. I had a 12 hour flight yesterday and it was nice to be able to listen to mp3's. Now before I leave I can update my card with a new playlist for the flight. Can't wait to try the GPS card from igolf.com. BT and WIFI will be nice too. I am faster with graffiti than with the keyboard but that is just lack of practice. My wife now has the I500 and loves it. It is a much better phone (although the lack of external caller id is a problem). The pda apps for contacts and calander are all she really needs with some web useage.

    The T600 is going to set the bar for future PDA/Phone devices to be measured by. New technology and improvements will be available soon but the T600 should prove to be viable for some time.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by paqmaster
    I just wanted to clarify the model numbers here for the samsung.

    SGH-i500 (not out yet):

    The device runs PalmOS 5.2 on an 300mhz Intel PXA262 processor, with 32MB ROM / 32MB RAM. The SGH-i500 lacks a dedicated Grafitti area. Palm OS 5.2 includes the Graffiti 2 input system.


    SPH-i500 (the one that the poster was talking about):

    Now the word is out that the successor for the SPH-i500 is to be called SPH-i550 which is expected to be out in mid 2004. It has a 320x320 LCD, 1 meg camera, SDIO and OS 5.2, but no BT or Wi-Fi. For people demanding Flip, like myself, it is an attractive choice.
  7. #27  
    Does it have a keyboard?

    It sounds like it WILL BE an attractive choice ... but it's vaporware until it hits the market. Mid-2004 is 8 months.
  8. #28  
    Now the word is out that the successor for the SPH-i500 is to be called SPH-i550 which is expected to be out in mid 2004. It has a 320x320 LCD, 1 meg camera, SDIO and OS 5.2, but no BT or Wi-Fi. For people demanding Flip, like myself, it is an attractive choice.

    You are wrong. The SPH-i550 is not the successor to the SPH-i500. This phone is not a "flip" phone, and does not even have close to the specs. you outlined. I think you may be thinking of the SGH-i500.
  9. #29  
    Also, if you have the SPH i500 you will not beable to use the SGH i500 unless you switch carriers, as the SGH i500 is a GSM phone not CDMA.

    So I don't even consider it the sucessor to the SPH becasue of this.
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by VisorUser



    You are wrong. The SPH-i550 is not the successor to the SPH-i500. This phone is not a "flip" phone, and does not even have close to the specs. you outlined. I think you may be thinking of the SGH-i500.
    It is an internal project they are working on right now. SPH-i550 in on the drawing board and WILL be the successor to the SPH-i500 which has just been shipped. Separately, SGH-i500 is being redesigned with a hig res LCD and will be released early next year. There is also a SGH-i505 version for Europe.

    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1452.html

    SGH's are GSM phones and SPH-i500 and SPH-i550 are CDMA phones. SPH-i550 will be the next hot phone that Sprint will offer. But you have to wait for a while. It is a flip phone with a similar form factor as the SGH-i500. It could also look like the SGH-i505 with a rotating screen.
  11. #31  
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Does it have a keyboard?

    It sounds like it WILL BE an attractive choice ... but it's vaporware until it hits the market. Mid-2004 is 8 months.
    It has a keypad instead of a keyboard.

    Shipping schedule is Samsung's big problem. They constantly announce new phones, but you never know exactly when they will ship them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions