Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me just tell you right now to forget all the other reviews of the Treo 600 that you've read. Admittedly, I am a Treo 300 fan and in general a Handspring fan. Let me also tell you that there AINT NOTHING gonna stop this phone. Not PocketPC garbage or Symbian. Bar none this phone blows anything Iíve ever seen or touched right off the map. If Microsoft chooses to copy anything, let me tell you, this would be the smartest thing they would have copied to date.

Brilliant form factor: the phone shaves off one-half inch, thatís .5 inches, thatís it. But it feels so nice in your hand (perverts). Size does matter and all those clichťs are most certainly true but in this case itís the smaller size that does it.

Forget about the entire negative BS youíve heard so far, like the cameras' too whatever, and the resolution is blah: blah, blah, blah. The ONLY problem that I can find with this phone is that there isnít enough (yet) to do with it. I want to videoconference with it. I want to put in a wireless bluetooth headset that connects to a bluetooth card in the SD slot of the phone, and I want that very Bluetooth card to double as a 512mb storage card AND a wi-fi card, just in case I happen to be at Starbucks. I want to use the phone as a universal remote. I want to pay my credit card charges at the store with it. I want to paint my house with it- all right that was over the top, painting might get this great device dirty. I canít wait until 3G bumps the surf speed up to broadband because, here me now oh great laptop that Iím now typing on, youíre going bye-bye.

The keyboard is, forget what people have insinuated, brilliantly designed and better than the Treo 300ís. The genius of the phone is the capability to do almost anything, and I say almost like in 99.9% of things, done totally with 1 hand. Itís manís dream to be able to get on and off with 1 hand- itís indescribable- (women will enjoy it too).

This phone is going to revolutionize this smartphone industry. People who are not geeks are going to want one of these. Apps, upgrades, and hardware are going to be designed specifically for this phone. And 3G is going to make sense, solely, with this phone.

On a side note: Concerning my constant reference to ďthis phoneĒ, thatís exactly what this thing is, first and foremost. Everything else (web, email, camera, small form factor, thumbboard, favorites menu, 5-way single-handed navigation) is the gravy, if you will, the whipped cream, the Reeseís pieces, the chocolate fudge, and the sprinkles. I just canít say enough- mark these words. The great Oz has spoken. Donít look behind the curtain.
  2.    #2  
    Yeah!
    Remember: You're a geek, normal people don't think like you!
  3.    #3  
    Oh I forgot about the sound- it's incredible.

P.S. I just gonna keep talking to myself to let myself know how much I love this thing.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Betcha you would like one of these too.

SD pocketRADIO

Kirby
  5.    #5  
    Radio? RADIO??? I want on-demand video and audio on a high-speed 3G network. Radio, ha! That's so cotton gin.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Oh keep talking to yourself. I would love the radio card! As long as it works.
    JFREUD,

Stop beating around the bush, what do you really think?

This phone has a fast processor, wireless data, and expansion. IMO, those are the biggest distinguishing features between this and my first Palm, the iiixe.
    Originally posted by JFREUD
    Radio? RADIO??? I want on-demand video and audio on a high-speed 3G network. Radio, ha! That's so cotton gin.
    The only radio I would love to have as part of my Treo is XM Radio!

Now THAT would put it over the top!

(Except it may be annoying getting interrupted by a phone call when listening to Dirty Comedy on Ch 150!!)
    hmm - seems like jake E has a competitor in terms of effusiveness and exuberance. Is this guy Jake reincarnate?
  10. purpleX
    Another day, another gushy review.

How about showing us benchmark and pictures? that way we can now battery performance, system speed, and apps compatibilities.
  11.    #11  
    PurpleX - refer to my signature. A benchmark cannot convey style and beauty.
  12. purpleX
    style and what...?
  13.    #13  
    I'm sorry sometimes I forget to address my correspondences to the intended audience. Beauty is defined by Merriam-Websters dictionary as:

Main Entry: beau∑ty
    Pronunciation: 'byŁ-tE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural beauties
    Etymology: Middle English beaute, from Old French biautť, from bel, biau beautiful, from Latin bellus pretty; akin to Latin bonus good -- more at BOUNTY
    Date: 14th century
    1 : the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : LOVELINESS
    2 : a beautiful person or thing; especially : a beautiful woman
    3 : a particularly graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality
    4 : a brilliant, extreme, or egregious example or instance <that mistake was a beauty>
    5 : a quantum characteristic that accounts for the existence and lifetime of the upsilon particle; also : a particle having this characteristic

Of which I would point you to the first definition, identified as number one (1). It is quite subjective but this was, after all, an opinion piece not a treatise or dissertation.

Sorry for the confusion.
  14. purpleX
    No, actually I am questioning your taste.

You want style and beauty here is a hint:

http://www.vertu.com/vertu/

http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/parts...15900-4-2.html
  15.    #15  
    PurpleX- While the Vertu is nice to look at didn't your momma ever teach you that beauty is on the inside. It's also the total package that create's a work of beauty, with price as one of the considerations.

I haven't done any currency exchanges in pounds lately but I don't know if you've noticed the price on the vertu. 3,450 pounds for a phone is a bit much; it's not that nice to look at. And the other phone looks like something I used to watch the girls jump on during recess in elementary school. Sorry but I think overall, your taste needs to be questioned.
  16. purpleX
    If beauty is on the inside, Show benchmark ! And we'll see how big treo 600's brain is.

Or is this the first of slippery slide of It's ugly outside, and not so brainy inside?

Yes that au phone is the wave of the future.
    Originally posted by purpleX
    No, actually I am questioning your taste.

You want style and beauty here is a hint:

http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/parts...15900-4-2.html
    Geez, I almost puked when I saw that candy-cane monstrosity! I guess it really is in the eye....
  18.    #18  
    I hope one day you'll realize the world is not what you THOUGHT it was and "get it".
  19. MrH
    Originally posted by Exciter
    Betcha you would like one of these too.

SD pocketRADIO

Kirby
    Oh man...who wants a radio! I wanna be able to stream di.fm into my Treo and listen to my favourite Vocal Trance... :-)

M@
    JFREUD:

Thanks for giving us your impressions. I was waiting for the GSM version but I have decided to get a $399 Sprint one in the interim because I just can't wait any longer to start enjoying it!

Good thing HS is letting us Treo loyalists get phones at low prices with no contracts. I'll sell my Sprint one on ebay when the GSM one comes out, maybe at a profit. I will then use my second serial number to get my GSM model. Life is good!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast