1.    #1  
    I've started getting rid of the all the default Orange settings that I don't like/need. Started with removing the entire first page of Favorites in the Speed Dial. Then I proceeded with the Blazer bookmarks and found out quickly that the five default Orange bookmarks can't be deleted. The Delete button simply doesn't appear.

I opened the bookmarks.pdb in the Archive folder on my desktop in a hexadecimal editor. I couldn't tell the difference between the Orange and my own bookmarks. I decided to edit the name of the first Orange bookmark, and then synched it back to the Treo by double-clicking the pdb to put it in Palm Install. To my surprise the first bookmark showed up with the changed name but all the others, including my bookmarks, had disappeared. Still can't delete the first one, but all the other bookmark entries can be edited in the normal way.

Synched again, and opened it in the hexadecimal editor. All the Orange bookmarks are still there.

Questions:
    * Can somebody send me the bookmarks.pdb from the Sprint 600 or even better from a default GSM 600?
    * Does anybody know how to properly edit a pdb on a desktop?
    mol can we get come pictures of your new orange treo 600 version??
    what if you delete the pdb and start from scratch?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Where? How? Can we get them yet?
    hes in europe
    It seems you're right. You can't delete them.

However, you can move them to a different page. From the edit screen, just tap and drag each one to a different screen.

Anoying, but at least there's a way to put your own bookmarks on the first page...

BTW, before anyone asks, no I don't have one yet, I'm just playing with the simulator and the Orange ROM image. (It's posted on Handsprings developer site ).
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by melevittfl
    It seems you're right. You can't delete them.

However, you can move them to a different page. From the edit screen, just tap and drag each one to a different screen.

Anoying, but at least there's a way to put your own bookmarks on the first page...

BTW, before anyone asks, no I don't have one yet, I'm just playing with the simulator and the Orange ROM image. (It's posted on Handsprings developer site ).
    Thx, that is a great tip! I had noticed already I could drag and drop the bookmarks on the page, but hadn't tried dropping it on another page. Turns out this works for Speed Dial entries as well.

Perfect. The Orange bookmarks are on page 10 now, which is good enough for me.

BTW, I also tried deleting the file using FileZ, but when launching Blazer it automatically recreated the default Orange version.