1.    #1  
    Has anybody transfered the SprintPCS service online using the http://activate.sprintpcs.com ? The email that I received from Handspring says that you could transfer the service from your old Treo to the new online but when you go to Sprint web site the first page says:

- Make sure your old phone is not a PCS Vision Phone.
    - Make sure your new phone is not a PDA.

So, anybody transfered service online without changing the plan that they already have?
    I'd like to know if this is possible too.
    I agree that the web link appears not to be an option. However, I am going to call it in anyway since I have read in other threads that Sprint reps will at this time, try to extend your contact and offer the $100/$150 credit to do so. I have had no luck simply trying to call and get it prior so I'm curious.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    why would Sprint offer an incentive to someone who just plunked down at least $400 on a device you could only use with them anyway? Notice I'm not questioning the info provided on these boards by all the good posters, just curious as to Sprint's logic.

NLK
    The "change your PCS phone" option on the sprint login screen did not work for me. I was told by Yolanda (the wonderful gal that processed my order on Monday evening), when I ordered the phone, that I needed to go there to activate the phone. I too was confused because she had said to go there, but as DEV mentioned, the directions didnt make sense. I attempted to activate the phone that way, but after just the first step (I believe it asked me to input my serial number....) it said I could not activate this phone, this way, and to call customer service. I proceeded to call customer service, and a nice csr walked me through the steps easy as pie. She did tell me to wait 2 hours after activation, but about 10 minutes after activation, the phone rang, and as she had told me, if it rings, it works, I answered it, and all was fine. Except vision. I then called back, and was told that I needed this new service, and that it had been added for free.....kinda hard to believe....this csr also told me to wait about 2 hours and it should work. For shins n griggles I tried it about an hour later, and voila, it worked fine.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Snowracer
    She did tell me to wait 2 hours after activation, but about 10 minutes after activation, the phone rang, and as she had told me, if it rings, it works, I answered it, and all was fine. Except vision. I then called back, and was told that I needed this new service, and that it had been added for free.....
    Did you have vision or a vision phone before this? I'm curious why vision didn't work.
    Originally posted by devexpert
    Has anybody transfered the SprintPCS service online using the http://activate.sprintpcs.com ? The email that I received from Handspring says that you could transfer the service from your old Treo to the new online but when you go to Sprint web site the first page says:

- Make sure your old phone is not a PCS Vision Phone.
    - Make sure your new phone is not a PDA.

So, anybody transfered service online without changing the plan that they already have?
    That link worked this morning to some activation page and NOW it just goes to a sprint page with no mention of how to activate or anything.

So I assume the only way to activate at this time is on the phone since there doesn't even seem to be a web activation anyplace, unless they are working on it or something.

Mike
    I had a T300, and it had vision services, so I dont actually know why it didnt work....
    Jeff