Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    This isn't a major issue or anything, but when my Treo 600's screen is on, it looks like it's pushed off to the left and there's a lot of black on the right hand side. So it looks like its not centered.

Is this just my Treo 600 or are the rest like this too?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Someone else was asking the same question here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t37294/s.html
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    This is normal for the T600...it has something to do with the lightiL
    That looks like a great case. I will be curious how secure the belt clip is. The phone feels like it might be easily damaged if dropped, so I'm paranoid about it popping or getting knocked loose somehow.

I somehow doubt that the keyboard will be fully useable through that thing, although who knows.
    I noticed the screen being off center the moment I got my Treo 600. It seems that they are all this way. It's a major issue if I'm the only one, but just a minor annoyance if they are all that way.
    Mine is the same. I never noticed it until I read this thread. I think they're all that way.
    Read my signature.
    Remember: You're a geek, normal people don't think like you!
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    This isn't a major issue or anything, but when my Treo 600's screen is on, it looks like it's pushed off to the left and there's a lot of black on the right hand side. So it looks like its not centered.

Is this just my Treo 600 or are the rest like this too?

I don't know if this would help but I remember reading in the downloaded Treo 600 manual that occassionally you may have to adjust the screen.

It should be in your manual under "Aligning the Touchscreen" how to correct the problem if this is the case. On the downloaded version its on page 128.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks, but that didn't help.

Now, this is a defect, folks!!! It's not supposed to be that way. Anyone looked at the videos online to check whether the working models show this? I will when I have more time, but this is definitely a problem! It shouldn't be that way. It does not make sense that it'd be.
    Originally posted by its_treo4me
    [B]
    I don't know if this would help but I remember reading in the downloaded Treo 600 manual that occassionally you may have to adjust the screen.
    B]
    I think that the alignment issue that's being discussed here is a little different. Basically, it looks as though there's about a millimeter of "unused" pixels (i.e., dark) on the right hand side of the screen, while on the left hand side they run to the edge.

An annoyance, IMHO, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    I'm not sure defect is the appropriate word. It is a cosmetic alignment problem that does not have any effect on the operation of the unit.

It's probably one of those deals where a third party vendors supplied a parts that met specifications but ended up not lining up perfectly.

It really bothered me for a few hours but I don't notice it anymore.

It would be interesting to know what Handspring says. Anyone up to the challenge?
    It's not even a "cosmetic alignment problem," or anything to that effect. Has anyone noticed how the backlighting is clearly visible along the right-edge of the screen? That's because that's where the backlights are, and they need the extra space . The old iPAQ's were the same way, except they plastic molding was extended over the extra bit of screen. A lot of cell phones out there now (the Samsung A500 springs to mind) are also this way.

This is not a defect, this is not something that a replacement unit will fix, and this is not something that Handspring is going to fix later on down the line with this model. It's simply how the unit is manufactured, plain and simple.
    The molding is already 3 millimeters thicker on the right hand side than the left. If that is what they were trying to do, why not make it 6 millimeters thicker on the right? Than it would cover the whole gap...
    OK, I've confirmed that this must have been intended in the design. I received another Treo and it's the same (this is the $399 from Handspring, so now I will return the $600 Sprint one).

Too bad. I think it looks awkward. It makes the screen EVEN SMALLER than the opening. I can see that they did not give more thickness on the right hand side, because it might have looked MORE awkward.

THanks for the feedback all. Perhaps we can start a new support group for those who are as "perfectionistic" as I am. I guess I'll have to live with it.

Enjoy!!

P.S. Do any of you feel almost unimpressed with the thing after so much hype and so much time waiting for it!?!? It's like when you are wanting this girl so much that when you have her, it's kind of no longer as exiting.... I think this will be my last post here. Getting to into this...
    This is the way that it is supposed to be; There is more black on the right of the screen than the left and this is by design due to the fact the the LEDs are on that side. What would you rather have? A screen that was slightly aligned left or the hardware design being aligned slightly left.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff