1.    #1  
    This information is from a source that we know.

"The latest on the Treo 600 is, the launch date has been delayed. The new launch date is the week of November 24th. This information was given to me by T-Mobile Headquarters. The cause of the delay is that Handspring did not meet the software criteria being requested by T-Mobile. It is not that the software installed was not working, but T-Mobile had requested more in terms of functionality and network compatibility."

ALSO PLEASE DO NOT REFER TO OUR FREINDS AT THIS CARRIER FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. THEY ARE UNDER ORDERS NOT TO BE AFFILIATED WITH WEBSITES REGARDING THIS UNIT! THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM OUR FRIENDS (it is a legal matter)

So there you have it, Sprint gets a big jump start into the market, I will still be holding my 30 phone order for TMO, just because i can use them anywhere in the world and that I have not had problems with them as I have had with Sprint in the past.

I will keep everyone updated if I hear any new news regarding these events.

PS. You bastidigs that already have it

Looks like the wait is not over
    "November 24rh" qualifies as "late fall" thus Handspring's words to that effect - which never changed - were absolutely valid.
    The post now begs the question, what is special about T-Mobile's software as the unlocked version is scheduled to arrive at Ingram today and ship out mid-next week.

Any thoughts?

Greg
    Thanks for the update HumP... Please keep us posted!

Actually I was going to wait until Nov.24th to take my number from Sprint and sign up with T-Mobile anyway... so this delay, though annoying, is tolerable for me. Still, it just doesn't make good business sense to me why T-Mobile would do this??? Hope an extra 1 1/2 months will be enough time for them to get their s**t straight...
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by gmsmith21
    The post now begs the question, what is special about T-Mobile's software as the unlocked version is scheduled to arrive at Ingram today and ship out mid-next week.

Any thoughts?

Greg
    I live in Toronto, and am currently a CDMA user of Bell Mobility. Since availability from a Canadian carrier is 6-12 months out (if ever ) I am thinking I may have to buy an unlocked GSM online. JUST TO CONFIRM MY ASSUMPTIONS and save me major headaches if I am wrong...does this mean that as of NEXT WEEK I can:

- order one unlocked from Ingram;
    - Get a GSM plan with Rogers AT&T in Canada
    - swap out the SIM it in my new GSM Treo 600

......and it will WORK?????

Yes and no...You can not order from Ingram unless you are a certified reseller.

But otherwise, yes to the other parts of your question, it will work.

Greg

Originally posted by tDot

- order one unlocked from Ingram;
    - Get a GSM plan with Rogers AT&T in Canada
    - swap out the SIM it in my new GSM Treo 600

......and it will WORK?????
    Originally posted by gmsmith21
    Yes and no...You can not order from Ingram unless you are a certified reseller.

But otherwise, yes to the other parts of your question, it will work.

Greg

I think my company in Toronto might BE an certified Ingram reseller
    Well then you are all set. Just have your purchasing folks login to the site, do a quick search for Treo 600 and you are off an running

Greg
    The Handspring earnings conference call said (within 10 minutes of its start):

(1) Standardized noncarrier-specific TREO "available" from web site only by end of month.

(2) AT&T, Cingular, and TMobile different levels of "support" over the "coming months".

(3) NonOrange standardized GSM being shipped by next week. available thru treostore. Other world locs by end of year.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    "November 24rh" qualifies as "late fall" thus Handspring's words to that effect - which never changed - were absolutely valid.
    Actually, that's a lie.

Handspring said in New York that T-Mo and Cingular would release a week after Sprint.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

Actually, that's a lie.

Handspring said in New York that T-Mo and Cingular would release a week after Sprint.
    It's a corporation's perogative to change its mind.
    > ...It's a corporation's perogative to change its mind.

Especially when an unexpected recall blindsides them.