Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Outdoor photos in a variety of lighting conditions as well as close-up vs distance shots would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    and another special one for those Red Sox Fans
    Outdoor photos in a variety of lighting conditions as well as close-up vs distance shots would be great.
    That new 5 series Bmer is sweet lookin!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Pics taken with more light look pretty good. The color is good. Low light, well ...... ugh
    Originally posted by satyric
    DUDE!!! New 5 Series!!! that's awesome! except that I wish they didn't make them ugly like the new 7......oh well...........that's what Audi is for.

PS sorry for the automotive digression
    The out door pics look much better that I expected. I think its funny that so many people thought that camera would be equal to a 3 meg standalone. I dont plan to archive photos from this thing, just zap a quick pic to friends of what Im doing or looking at at the time- Like "Hi, check out my new bike" <insert T600 photo of chromed out V Rod here>
    I think its about as good as it needs to be.
    Originally posted by 911_Dude
    The out door pics look much better that I expected. I think its funny that so many people thought that camera would be equal to a 3 meg standalone.
    Who said that?

Sigh. For the one zillionth time, some of us just wanted it to be as good or better than the better 640x480 camera-phones that have been out for over a year.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Thanks to all for the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Observations so far...

1) Outdoor shots even when there's plenty of light look dark and slightly out of focus. As a side-note, I once heard that the best lighting for photographers is during the day on overcast days as the clouds diffuse the light. Perhaps some of you can try some photos in those conditions (when possible).

2) Treofirst, can you elaborate about your method of "waiting 10 seconds for the camera to adjust." Does this only apply to taking shots in low-light conditions or can you improve picture quality in any condition by doing something like this?

Scott
    Again, based on what I've seen of example pics from the T600 they all look a lot like what I get out of my eyemodule2 with my Prism.

I'd bet that HS just used the same harware and integrated it into the T600. No innovation...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    The blue noise is the result of the automatic "gain" which is a feature with electronic cameras (video or digital still cameras) that electronically compensates for low light. It basically illuminates the pixels to help make the picture brighter. Some cameras are better than others at accomplishing this and HS Treo 600 doesn't look like one of those cameras. That's why the outdoor shots and shots with alot of light are much more clear because the "gain" is not needed. It takes a certain amount of time for the camera to determine if gain is needed, hence the delay to get a clearer picture when you move the camera from low light to bright light.

Hope this didn't bore you silly!

Mike
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Here's one I took in my kitchen...I let it focus for about 5 seconds before I took it. It makes a big diff.

I'll take some more tomorrow...
    Originally posted by njchris
    Here's one I took in my kitchen...I let it focus for about 5 seconds before I took it. It makes a big diff.
    It's interesting that you use the term "let it focus." I'd be pretty surprised if the camera they're using is autofocus. Chances are it's a fixed-focus lens. Still, it's quite possible that the software is doing a better job of capturing the image when it's had time to analyze it more fully, which is probably what's happening here.

Scott
    Last edited by Scott R; 10/13/2003 at 10:50 PM.
    Wow, I thought they have everything in the treo but the kitchen sink
    Coming from a Hitachi G 1000, this camera is a real LOSER. Other than that though, no complaints. Oh wait... I take that back...the center button should be higher and/or the addition of a jog wheel.
    It's interesting that you use the term "let it focus." I'd be pretty surprised if the camera they're using is autofocus. Chances are it's a fixed-focus lens.
    Scott
    Right, it is a fixed-focus lens, the camera does not have any ability to change focus.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Music
    Best photo I've seen. You must work for Kodak.
    LOL... I can't stop laughing about your comment after looking at the first two pictures.... Friggin' hilarious...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    At last... the technology for lonely guys to instantly share pictures of ordinary everyday objects in their apartment with the entire world! "Here is a picture of my ceiling light"... LOL! Cracks me up..... That car was sweet though! Sorry about the 'lonely' bit, but... you get the point. Good thing you included the kitchen sink.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    And the 'pouch'... lol... what a great thread... love it
    I was getting the oil changed at the local Nissan dealer when they rolled this off the truck. I sent a picture with my new T-600 (day 2) She said no.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast