Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    To me, this is more humorous then anything. I posted a message a few days ago indicating that my Treo's speakerphone speaker is defective, and that Sprint was sending me another unit. I just found it funny, that today, when I got to my UPS Store to pick it up, Sprint sent me a Hitachi G1000! Quite funny.. Called Sprint, they apologized profusely, and told me that another Treo was on its way.

What it did allow me to do is to look at the size of the two phones side by side, and all I can say is that I'm VERY glad I'm sticking with the Treo. This phone is an absolute Frankenstein. It's huge! The Treo fits inside the confines of this phone. I had a 6035 prior to my Treo, but man.. this thing is big.

... end rant
    It really is apples to oranges. As I struggle to type this reply on the 600s tiny thumbboard ... it is pretty obvious that the treo is a phone that doubles as a PDA. The G1000 is a PDA that can be used as a phone.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    true, but doesn't change the fact that it is a BRICK.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Brick is right.. MAN that thing is huge.. I've actually gotten used to using the Treo Keyboard... not too bad.. Granted, I tried typing on the keyboard on the G1000, and it certainly was easier, but the thing is 1 1/2 to 2 times as large in both thickness and just size to the Treo. I wanted a phone first, PDA second, and treo accomplishes all that.