1.    #1  
    some people have posted that they can recieve phone calls when vision is on (active) with the new Treo 600.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If this is a new feature that would make the phone perfect!!

thanx
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    some people have posted that they can recieve phone calls when vision is on (active) with the new Treo 600.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If this is a new feature that would make the phone perfect!!

thanx
    I don't think this is possible, regardless of what people are saying; the nature of a CDMA network just doesn't seem to allow simultaneous voice and data transmission. Now granted, I'm willing to keep an eye on things and see if I'm proven wrong, but I doubt it. The problem has little to do with individual handsets, and more to do with how Sprint's digital network is set up.

However, I can't seem to get my Treo 600 to receive calls 50% of the time regardless of Vision, so it's probably the least of my worries...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I also cannot say for sure, but from my past experience with Vision, on phones, as well as my recent experience on my Treo, when you're Actively using Vision services, phone calls will be bumped to voicemail. If you are in your browser, and reading a page idle, a phone call will come thru. If you are popping your email box, it won't. At least, that's what I've seen thus far.
    I think the gsm version of the 600 will interrupt a data session with a dialog asking whether you want to take the call or send to voicemail.
    I am typing this on my 600 now, and I can confirm that you can receive a call while on the web. After the call you can go back to the website you were viewing by going back to the web browser.
    Originally posted by cue79
    I also cannot say for sure, but from my past experience with Vision, on phones, as well as my recent experience on my Treo, when you're Actively using Vision services, phone calls will be bumped to voicemail. If you are in your browser, and reading a page idle, a phone call will come thru. If you are popping your email box, it won't. At least, that's what I've seen thus far.
    That's true, because if data is actively being sent or received, the channel is clogged, and it won't allow voice through. Once a page is done being downloaded, the channel is open and any voice transmission can come through, regardless of if you're in the browser or not.

My problem, however, is that with my phone in idle mode, with Vision disconnected, it simply doesn't want to answer incoming calls. The more I call it, the more discouraged I get, because it's only picking up every other call or so. It's driving me nuts, and I hope I'm the only one who's already noticed/experienced this problem!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Call sprint- sounds like a problem with the Radio. Don't wait on it.. Call them and ask for a replacement. Rather then trying to explain the Vision issue though, becuase they may not know what in the hell your talking about, tell them about what was wrong with mine - that your speakerphone speaker is malfunctioning. (My crackles like mad whenever anything is done over it).
    I purposely phoned my cell, while on vision, it rang, and I answered, no problem.
    Jeff
    According to Handspring's FAQ:

If you are in the middle of a data session and receive a voice call, you receive an alert that allows you the option to either answer the call or send it to voice mail. If you are in the middle of accessing a web page and you choose to answer the call, the browser will pause while you're on the phone and immediately continue the page load after you've finished your phone call.
    The FAQ doesn't specify whether this applies to the GSM version or the CDMA (Sprint) version or both. It also doesn't specify what a "data session" is -- is it web access, e-mail access or both?

My experience with a Treo 300 (if I recall correctly) is that an incoming call will interrupt a web session but not an active e-mail transfer session. (In other words, incoming phone calls during an active e-mail session go directly to voice mail.) If this is different on the Treo 600 on Sprint, that would be an improvement.
    Others are correct when saying that voice calls are automatically routed to voicemail during active data transfers. This is the same situation on the Treo 300. (bare with me since I don't have a T600 yet...) On the T300, there are arrows on the top left next to the signal indicator that describe the type of connection you have. The green arrow indicate an active data connection with data being transferred. THe grey arrows indicate a non-active data connection, the Treo is connected to vision but there is no active data transfer occuring. In the normal use of your Treo, such as browsing etc, you will not always have an active data conneciton (i.e green arrows). When for instance, you are browsing but are reading a particular page, the treo will have grey arrows (non-active data connection), and you will be able to get a phone call directly to the handset. If you are in the process of dowloading the page, however, the phone call will go directly to voicemail...this is how it basically works on the Treo 300 and I imagine its the same on the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions