Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. AJB
    Hi all,
    if any one has received or ordered the form fit case, could you please post your experiences?

I'd really like to know how useable this is as a play through (use in case) solution. Particularly the 5-way, and stylus input.

If this thread has vanished to the bottom by the time you get yours, please remember to post your impressions.

Cheers,
    AJB
    I bought the form fit case from mobile planet.. 10 dollars cheaper than handspring site.

Although I dont have the Treo yet, the case looks great... has holes for everything needed.

I do not know however if I will have to snap open the case to use the camera. I hope not, so I can take those "hidden" pictures lol
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I bought the form fit case from mobile planet.. 10 dollars cheaper than handspring site.

Although I dont have the Treo yet, the case looks great... has holes for everything needed.

I do not know however if I will have to snap open the case to use the camera. I hope not, so I can take those "hidden" pictures lol
    If you look at the "view larger picture" button on the HS website, you'll see the back flap peels down to reveal the cameral lens--so not to worry. I ordered the case, and am keeping my fingers crossed it will arrive with the Treo tomorrow--shall post if still interested by then.
  4. AJB
    shall post if still interested by then
    Please do. I'd love your impressions on:

* the use of the stylus - accuracy affected, risk of screen damage / grit between cover...

* the 5-way - feel compared to using it naked - the phone, not you :-)

AJB
    Originally posted by AJB

Please do. I'd love your impressions on:

* the use of the stylus - accuracy affected, risk of screen damage / grit between cover...

* the 5-way - feel compared to using it naked - the phone, not you :-)

AJB
    I'll let you know about all 3 ;-)
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

I'll let you know about all 3 ;-)
    And pics if possible!!...please
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by stephman

And pics if possible!!...please
    hmmmmm........
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Its kind of funny that one of the pictures listed in the link above has the person using both hands, lol isn't this a one handed device?
  9. AJB
    Ok. Someone must have one now. How are the 5 Way, keyboard and stylus input through the case?

AJB
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)
    I have the case, and the fit is good, although at the top of the cover the clear plastic does get raised a bit, so if you need to tap that area with your stylus, you kinda have to tap it harder.

But overall I like it.
    I got the case from mobile Planet for $19.99 and have used it for a few days now. The fit is good and the belt clips seems very secure. The 5-way toggle works well so far. I usually pull my phone out of the case to use the stylus or keyboard because it seems a little awkward with the plastic cover over it, even though it might work OK while the phone is still inside the case. I am using screen protectors on my phone and have considered altering the case by removing the plastic cover, so the screen and keyboard are completely open. I'll post pictures and a review if it is successful.

james
    Originally posted by JamesKeys
    I usually pull my phone out of the case to use the stylus or keyboard because it seems a little awkward with the plastic cover over it, even though it might work OK while the phone is still inside the case.
    This case is clearly intended to be a case you keep on at all times, so in my mind this is not a positive review....
    There is a review of the case HERE with lots of pictures.

The case takes a little while to get used to, but is cool because it shows the world your cool Treo 600!
    Mike Collins
    pdaPhoneHome, Home of the Treo 600 FAQ
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Check out this thread..

Treo Central Thread on Form Fitting Case

Mike.
    I have no problems with this case at all...

However, the "high performance" headset I bought has trouble staying in the hole.. you need to stretch the leather out a little near the hole or press more so it compresses the leather around there and stays in... I am sure it will loosen up.

Besides that, I have NO problems typing or using the 5 way... I have had the case since before I had the Treo....

Sometimes to hit the upper right hand drop down list for non OS5 compliant 5 way items, you need the stylus where I used to use my thumb nail. But then again, soon everything will be compliant I am sure.

That is the deal.. the case has been fine otherwise.... No case protects totally... It does make it easy to use the camera and IR with the top flap. Plus it does a good job covering the camera lens at other times to avoid scratching, and lets you hear the speaker good.

If anyone knows of another FORM FIT case similar to this I would like to see the differences but this seems fine.

Mike
    Hey all, I have the form fit case along with the treo 600 from sprint, and I think the unit and the case is great. I can use the touch screen and the keypad without a problem when the case is on. The only problem I have is with jpt, its realy hard to write when that case is on, but seeing that there is a keypad that realy doesn't bother me.
    I have the case and TREO on my belt now. The case itself allows for easy stylus/keyboard use. The belt clamp and case attachment are pretty sturdy. My old SPCS phone used to fall off my belt, I don't think my TREO will fall off. The attachemnt also has "dimples" that allow the treo to rotate while mounted. The plastic covers does a good job at protecting the screen. The only thing I dislike is having to unbutton the case to take a pic, or to use the SD slot. Oh well...nothing is perfect.
    Originally posted by FreddieJ
    I have the case and TREO on my belt now. The case itself allows for easy stylus/keyboard use. The belt clamp and case attachment are pretty sturdy. My old SPCS phone used to fall off my belt, I don't think my TREO will fall off. The attachemnt also has "dimples" that allow the treo to rotate while mounted. The plastic covers does a good job at protecting the screen. The only thing I dislike is having to unbutton the case to take a pic, or to use the SD slot. Oh well...nothing is perfect.
    I agree about using the camera.. But on the other hand the case keeps the camera lens protected (as issue that many people have discussed) AND you also have pretty easy access... (a snap) to get to it quick.

SOmeone cut the case..y opu can always do that... But I rather have it protected.

Mike
    I bought the form fit leather case along with the treo. At first I was reluctant to even try it, simply because the 600 is so pretty, I didn't want to cover it up or lose the sleek feel it had in my hand. But after a couple of days I knew I was pushing my luck... that I'd be dropping it, letting it bang around in my purse or in my car, so I slipped on the cover.

No go.

Everything is easily available. The lower volume button is half covered but still accessible. Unfortunately, I couldn't get *anything* to work without effort. It felt as though I was adequately connecting with the buttons, but I couldn't even get the screen to turn on or off without pushing *really* hard.

Completely unacceptable, imo. I won't be using mine. I'll sell it to you cheap
    I have altered my Treo 600 case by cutting off the front clear plastic cover. The results have been fantastic. I now have complete and easy access to the keyboard, navigation pad, and screen while the phone is still in the case. I use screen protectors on my screen, so I have no worries about the screen getting scratched after removing the cover. Some have cut a small area off of the back to reveal the camera lens, but I have preffered to protect mine so far.

I have attached a picture of the surgically altered case:
    james
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast