Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You must have an sd card.

Take a pic. ( you may want to rename it for clarity )
    Click on the pic.
    Press menu.
    Go to move.

Move or copy the pic to the sd card.
    The SD card is considered a catagory.

Go to snapper mail
    Attach pics from the DCIM directory on the card.

Type your message.

Click send. TO send two pics (120k) it took me about 15 secs. two bars of sig

to See how it looks in outlook express click the attachment.

If you send me an email I will email the pics to your account through snappermail you you can get a look
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barrett
    Thanks for the tips. I found that instead of moving each time, you can set the Card as the default "category" in the Pictures prefs.
  3.    #3  
    cool.
    that's very helpful as i wanted all the pics on the card anyway.
    b
    Barrett
    Hi guys --

couple of things here:

- I'm able to send a picture directly from main memory, it's not required that you save to the SD card first (obviously if you have filled up the entire main memory with power-user programs already after having the device for only 24 hours, that's another story)

- SnapperMail appears as a choice when I hit the Send button from the T600, along with the native mail app and MMS

- Interestingly enough, the T600 cannot send directly from the SD Card -- you must "move" to main memory before you send a picture. This is working as designed BTW....

In sum, it is no more difficult to use SnapperMail to send a picture than it is to use the native Treo mail app -- and SM is still much better. Both are easy to use and really cool.
  5.    #5  
    where are you clicking send from?

when i try to send a pic from SM it does not show up as an attachable file unless it have moved it to the card.

i'm not quite following you. is there an easier way to send multiple pics to another email address than what i have discribed?

with your method does the recipiant have to log on to the web or does the pic show up in email?
    Barrett
    Originally posted by scoopman
    Hi guys --

couple of things here:

- I'm able to send a picture directly from main memory, it's not required that you save to the SD card first (obviously if you have filled up the entire main memory with power-user programs already after having the device for only 24 hours, that's another story)

-
    I am curious about this too... I can't find a send option from the photos (all I have are upload, delete, move, etc.)
    I'm confused on this issue as well. I don't have an sd card yet. Is it required to attach an image to sm or not?

I'm pretty mystified by the whole sm attachments anyway. When I compose a new mail & click on the paperclip, it brings up a long list of what look like system files. I can't find any pics or notepad entries, or anything that resembles a typical file. Little help?
    Last edited by Tommystone; 10/12/2003 at 07:54 PM.
    Use the share button on the bottom, then you can send.
    That's good, but I want to send an attachment, not a link. I think sm can do this, but I dk how.
    Okay, so when I wrote my email about being able to email a pic direct from the picture app, I was using a GSM Treo loaner from Handspring that obviously had a non-carrier specific (or a GSM) version of the Pictures app.

That one worked as I described.

The one on the retail CDMA Sprint T600 I got today only went to the PCS Vision PictureMail service, which I like about as much as you guys do.

Sorry to confuse everyone!
    Originally posted by scoopman
    Okay, so when I wrote my email about being able to email a pic direct from the picture app, I was using a GSM Treo loaner from Handspring that obviously had a non-carrier specific (or a GSM) version of the Pictures app.

That one worked as I described.

The one on the retail CDMA Sprint T600 I got today only went to the PCS Vision PictureMail service, which I like about as much as you guys do.

Sorry to confuse everyone!
    I was confused about everybody's reactions till I read the post above. I'm using an Orange GSM and SnapperMail and I have a Send button in the list of pictures as well as on the view picture screen.

Is there any reason why things appear to be more complex on the Sprint 600?
    Is there any reason why things appear to be more complex on the Sprint 600?
    Because our friends at SprintPCS want to make money off of every picture sent, and they made the SprintPCS T600 work like their other picture phones.

PictureMail is a special SprintPCS web-based picture album site that also will send pictures out.... and will charge you or force you to purchase a Vision plan with unlimited pictures.
    Yuck. Does the method of copying the pictures to the SD card work the Sprint phone?

I don't have a card to test this out with but I'd really like to be able to send pictures without using that irritating Picture Mail business.

Are 3rd party apps able to access the camera?
    If you save the picture to the card you can attach it from Snappermail. Would have likes a true "Send" feature right from the picture app, but at least it is a work around.
    I picked up an sd card and everything works fine w sprint service. you save pics to the card, then attach them in snappermail.

I guess w/o a card the images aren't stored to indiv files that you can access.
    I got mine to send from SnapperMail by saving it to the card. It's not the best solution, though as it's nice to go with the Sprint shoot, click share, type email address and send....

Does anyone know of a program out, or in the works, that would replace the Sprint photo software with an email client that skips the Sprint photo sharing site.

If nothing else, it sucks not being able to BCC people you are sharing the photos with and that everyone can read the comments everyone else posts -- whether you want them to or not.
    Hey guys, you don't need to move the pic to the SD card if you use the Handspring Email app! If you use the HS client and select add attachments, you can select an image directly from the Ram! I use the HS email app all the time to send images to my moblog this way...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What is the "Handspring Email" app. It didn't come with my Sprint install and the ones on the Handspring site seam to cost. I want to email pictures effortlessly without using the Sprint pictures service, what a joke - they charge you to send an email that is 75% Sprint spam. Is there a download site somewhere with the old Handspring email app?
    Originally posted by jwindsurfer
    What is the "Handspring Email" app. It didn't come with my Sprint install and the ones on the Handspring site seam to cost. I want to email pictures effortlessly without using the Sprint pictures service, what a joke - they charge you to send an email that is 75% Sprint spam. Is there a download site somewhere with the old Handspring email app?
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/293-1.htm

Right there from the front page.

This is a good free solution if you don't have an sd card...you still cannot send directly from the pictures app by clicking "share" though. You have to open the HS email app, attach the pic from RAM and send it...personally, I think Snappermail is a much better app, and when combined with an sd card, it works very well for this purpose.
    That link doesn't work anymore apparently. Just takes you to a generic support page.

Could someone email me a copy if they have it? I'd appreciate it.

Nevermind, I think I found it under the Patches section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast