1.    #1  
    Wow!!! Mine just came in and I took it out of the box. I just attached it to the same charge/HotSync cable setup that I have been using for my T300 and am letting it charge up.

It is a very impressive phone. It looks and seems even smaller than it is. When I put it next to my AT&T Wireless basic Nokia 3560, it does not appear much larger.

The keyboard is obviously smaller, but i do not think that it will any problem once I start using it.

I can't wait to start and that brings me to my next question: The book says to charge it initially until the LED glows green, about three hours. With this new type battery, is it necessary to keep charging it for a long time ater the LED turns green, say for a total of 6-8 hours for the initial charge? Or can you pretty much start using it right away after the LED turns green as long as you follow the suggestioon of leaving it charing when you are at your desk as the manual recommends?

Thank you.
    Mine took just over two hours from out of box to green light to charge. I had to go to class, so I quickly unplugged the Treo, got it activated, and ran to class. Used the device online extensively from around 8PM to 3AM and still had 25% battery left. Amazing
    (To answer the question, I didn't leave it charging for hours and hours after "green", and it's been fine.)

You will get used to the keyboard quickly. I have pretty large hands and it proved not to be a problem once I got the hang of it.
    The manual I have states "3 hours or until the LED turns solid green", so no, you don't have to charge it for 6-8 hours.

Also, as a Lithium Ion battery, it likes to be constantly topped up, not exhausted then charged - this again is stated in the manual.
    Generally speaking, a longer initial charging (2-3x normal full charging time) is recommended. The initial charging should not be interrupted. A long and continous initial charging is very important to battery's service life and performance.
  5.    #5  
    Thx for the info. My green light came on well within the three hour period but I still have it charging and will do so for a while yet.
    When the light is green the treo is no longer accepting any charge. There is no need to leave the unit in the charger. When you charge at first leave the modem OFF to hit the lithium hard with the first few initial charges. But again...when green it is done.
    Some devices stop charging entirely once they think the battery is full. This is not a good design and the battery is almost always under charged. For those, you do can unplug it once the green light is on.

Others keep a small amount of charging current once the battery is full or near full. This is a better design and battery can be really fully charged if you give few more hours after green light.

I don't know Treo 600's charging circuit and that's why I said "generally speaking". The bottom line is, in either case, a couple more hours of initial charging is at least no harm if no good to your beloved Treo. Therefore, I never take any chance and I always give longer initial charging for whatever gadgets I get.
    Originally posted by Fixup
    Therefore, I never take any chance and I always give longer initial charging for whatever gadgets I get.
    I am a handspring developer. For the Treo 600 it does not accept any charge after the light is green. There is NO charging from that point. Just so people are not confused about thinking longer is better.
    Originally posted by george_vc

I am a handspring developer. For the Treo 600 it does not accept any charge after the light is green. There is NO charging from that point. Just so people are not confused about thinking longer is better.
    so do u know when we will be able to hold a GSM version in our hands?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fixup
    I don't know Treo 600's charging circuit and that's why I said "generally speaking". The bottom line is, in either case, a couple more hours of initial charging is at least no harm if no good to your beloved Treo. Therefore, I never take any chance and I always give longer initial charging for whatever gadgets I get.
    For what it's worth, Fixup knows quite a bit about electronics. He's rather well-known in the headphone amplifier world for his awesome mini headphone amps. I'm going to try my Fixup amp with my Treo 600 MP3 player when I get it.

Check out his site
    http://www.fixup.net
    and see what I mean.