1.    #1  
    Could someone please post exactly what happened with the T-mobile release, as well as what the story with Mohammed was, as well as what you know about the recall, etc. Please let us know exactly what is or was or will be going on.

Thanks for your time.

Mohammed can't post anymore because of some issue dealing with advertising.

But he is reporting that there has been a delay due to some sort of software patch issue regarding the GSM/GPRS phones that T-Mobile will be selling.

When you call T-Mobile, they have NO IDEA that the phone even exists and so they play dumb about the device itself. It's hard to get info regarding a delay in a product that they won't even acknowledge.

Sales dudes get info last, so I spoke to a marketing dude. He was just as dumb....or at least played it that way.

Handspring people tell me that they have NO IDEA what people are talking about regarding delays on the devices. They are completely unaware of any equipment problems that should delay t he scheduled channels opening, although they declined to be specific about when that would happen.

Their biggest problem is NOT a lack of devices. The delay (including the "backorder) was due to the flood of early adopters and their inability to physically get the units out of the warehouse. They assured me that they have PLENTY of stock ON HAND of all equipment, including CDMA and GSM/GPRS.
    There was a software problem / or lack of some software that caused TMobile to decline the shipment from Handsprng. I was told by Mohammad that TMO took the position of they would rather get it right the first time then deal with returned units, even if this delayed it 1-3 weeks.

A National Sales Rep and other will be having a conference call tomorrow with a rep from handspring to discuss the shipments and dates concerned. They tried to have that today but a company that was representing Handspring before to TMO is who they contacted but turns out they no longer represent HS, so their going to the horses mouth tomorrow.

I will be speaking with Mohammad in the afternoon tomorrow, for a update. Our company is waiting to get 30 of these units, so this delay is crucial for us
    thanks for the intel.
    Ben
    Originally posted by zipmitz

When you call T-Mobile, they have NO IDEA that the phone even exists and so they play dumb about the device itself. It's hard to get info regarding a delay in a product that they won't even acknowledge.

Sales dudes get info last, so I spoke to a marketing dude. He was just as dumb....or at least played it that way.

This is pretty much par for the course with T-Mobile. I think I had my SideKick for 3 months before I could find anyone at T-Mobile who knew what I was talking about. Now they're having problems with a planned SideKick upgrade and they don't share any information about that either.

I came over here with hopes that the Treo 600 would make T-Mobile useful again but so far this is looking pretty much like the T-Mobile I've come to know.. Hope it's just a pre-launch glitch.
    Originally posted by tristar

This is pretty much par for the course with T-Mobile.
    It's par for the course with every telco, wireless or not. It's par for the course for virtually every large company, really. The front line CS reps don't have much information, and what they do have they're told not to share until launch date. It's far from unique to T-Mobile (in fact, if you look, you'll see lots of Sprint users on this board with very similar complaints).
    I just got an email from one of the other T-Mo ppl that the launch would be pushed to the week of 11/24.

Apparently, this is due to a software issue.

FYI, this is also the date that number portability goes into effect.
    Is there a connection? Who knows.
    Originally posted by ksfhhllp
    FYI, this is also the date that number portability goes into effect.
    Is there a connection? Who knows.
    This is also the day that Mac OS X Panther gets released! The plot thickens...
    tristar,

You are off by a month. That was an 11. Panther comes out in two weeks. Treo comes out in 6 weeks.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    tristar,

You are off by a month. That was an 11. Panther comes out in two weeks. Treo comes out in 6 weeks.
    Doh! The eyes _are_ the second thing to go.. Thanks JakePratt!