1.    #1  
    I was surprised to see that Handspring lists the Mapopolis Navigator software the top of their Wireless Software section (see here), especially with reports out that it does not work properly (either with OS 5 or the T600, does anyone know which?).

That made me wonder... since Sprint's system does already use a GPS-style triangulation system in locating handsets, does the T600 need a SDIO GPS unit (like possibly forthcoming iGolf SD GPS package) to properly use Mapopolis?

This is assuming, of course, that the Mapopolis software ever actually works properly for the T600.
    Are you referring that the Mapopolis software doesn't work with the Treo 600?? Well, if that is what you meant I have been using it with no problems. In fact I am also using my old Holux "Mouse" GPS unit with the Treo 600.

Tomorrow I will try the Mapopolis Navigator software. I already installed it on my Treo 600 launched it. Started the GPS unit. About 1 min later... boom GPS sats locked on and my position was mapped on the Mapopolis map. I then went to the Navigation section left the start point as the GPS starting point and clicked on a random place on the map as the destination. It highlighted and showed a box at the bottom telling me to turn and eta.... Now as far as the voice prompts it didn't prompt me anything but then again I wasn't moving I was simply outside my car trying it out. I will post tomorrow if voice prompts work. Everything else seemed to work perfectly.
    ~DssHobby~

A hobby is a hobby, but DSS is my HOBBY!!
    DSS=This
    Originally posted by DssHobby
    Are you referring that the Mapopolis software doesn't work with the Treo 600?? Well, if that is what you meant I have been using it with no problems. In fact I am also using my old Holux "Mouse" GPS unit with the Treo 600.

Tomorrow I will try the Mapopolis Navigator software. I already installed it on my Treo 600 launched it. Started the GPS unit. About 1 min later... boom GPS sats locked on and my position was mapped on the Mapopolis map. I then went to the Navigation section left the start point as the GPS starting point and clicked on a random place on the map as the destination. It highlighted and showed a box at the bottom telling me to turn and eta.... Now as far as the voice prompts it didn't prompt me anything but then again I wasn't moving I was simply outside my car trying it out. I will post tomorrow if voice prompts work. Everything else seemed to work perfectly.
    Hey DSS what adapter are you using for the TREO 600? Looks like a nice option that I'd like to use. Please let me know... thanks!