1.    #1  
    I just got a 600, and when I asked on the Treo600 group about not being able to find an email function built into it, the suggestion was to get SnapperMail. I've looked at that, and see that it's a little pricey at $40, but figured if it could do everything I wanted, that might be OK.

My main question is, can it somehow retrieve both my ISP's POP email, as well as my Yahoo free email account, without me incurring anything but connection charges from Sprint? I see that it mentions being able to get Yahoo mail, but I'm unsure of whether it can do that by itself, or if I have to pay Yahoo the $20/year to enable POP3 forwarding for this to work. If it can just grab the mail from Yahoo without enabling the POP3 forwarding, I'll get it.
    This is my first post & I'm not too treo tech-wise, but snappermail is my favorite app on my 300. It easily receives yahoo mail, notifies me, and allows attachments. For me it couldn't be easier.
    I just DL'd and install Snappermail...setup the pop settings (yahoo email) and clicked on "fetch"......WOW!! Excellent!!!
    Now it looks for mail every 30 minutes....then disconnects !!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Morbius ... to get your Yahoo mail on your Treo (via Snappermail or any email software) you must pay the $20 pop forwarding fee.

However, I think it is $20 well spent. I LOVE Yahoo. Especially their SMS configurable email alerts.

The combination of Snappermail and Yahoo is great.

Install YahooPops! 0.5 on a PC that is always on the internet and has a static IP. Then you can connect to it as your POP server and retrieve your email.
    go here for the YahooPops:
    http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

Free and open source. Works pretty well for downloading to a pc for free.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    One thing I have noticed awhile ago when using pop email is the bulk mail filter on yahoo doesnt work, it sends all the mail including the junk(which yahoo does a great job of filtering and sending to the bulk mail folfer when useing the webpage) mail. I havnt tried it on with a pda (or snappermail) but I remember it did this awhile ago using outlook.

Is there anyway to keep the junk mail out of the inbox?

Also have you guys noticed the same thing, or was this just an old issue

Thanks
    Force
    When I get my Yahoo email using Snapper, it only retrieves my inbox, not all the junk in my Bulk folder. This was also the case on my Treo 300, which I used starting around May of this year. So it must have been an old issue.
    Originally posted by emair
    Install YahooPops! 0.5 on a PC that is always on the internet and has a static IP. Then you can connect to it as your POP server and retrieve your email.

Thanks for the link! That's an awesome solution! However, is there any workaround if you don't have a static IP? I have adsl w/dynamic IP and would love to get this to work somehow...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Does anyone know how to connect your Snapper mail to your YahooPops server. I can connect fine from my PC but not my Treo 600
    Hello? anyone have an idea?
    There is a setting on the Yahoo! site that handles POP mail checking. It is under "POP ACCESS AND FORWARDING." If you do the forwarding thing, as I do, then I believe you are stuck with everything being forwarded.

Ben

Originally posted by Forcelite
    One thing I have noticed awhile ago when using pop email is the bulk mail filter on yahoo doesnt work, it sends all the mail including the junk(which yahoo does a great job of filtering and sending to the bulk mail folfer when useing the webpage) mail. I havnt tried it on with a pda (or snappermail) but I remember it did this awhile ago using outlook.

Is there anyway to keep the junk mail out of the inbox?

Also have you guys noticed the same thing, or was this just an old issue

Thanks
    Force
    Please how do you set up yahoopops on treo? OR do you have to forward you mails from your computer?
    The setting up is really easy.

1) Server settings -

Incoming mail:
    POP3 server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
    user name - your sign-on name
    password - your yahoo password.

Outgoing mail:
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    User name: your Sprint user name
    Password: your Sprint password

That's it!

Ben

----------------

Originally posted by haste
    Please how do you set up yahoopops on treo? OR do you have to forward you mails from your computer?
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Thanks for the link! That's an awesome solution! However, is there any workaround if you don't have a static IP? I have adsl w/dynamic IP and would love to get this to work somehow...
    You could go to www.dyndns.org, set up an account (I think its still free) run the software that updates your IP (or if you have a Netgear router, it will update for you) and connect to whatever.dyndns.org or whatever.ath.cx, etc, and it will be your computer at home.
    QUOTE]You could go to www.dyndns.org, set up an account (I think its still free) run the software that updates your IP (or if you have a Netgear router, it will update for you) and connect to whatever.dyndns.org or whatever.ath.cx, etc, and it will be your computer at home.[/QUOTE]

Could you please give me a detailed description of how to do this.
    I used yahoopops to set up yahoo on my computer as 'localhost' on port 1102 for pop3 and 250 for smtp.

How would I now use dyndns to connect from my Treo? I'm wondering how the treo would know which port to retrieve mail from and all that.
    I have tried myname.gotdns.com:1102 on a browser but it didn't work.

Thanks.