Just enter "[deleted]" and put in any number for each x. Then you can buy the Treo 600 for $399
    Of course you may be screwing the person who rightfully owns that particular phone, but hey, tough for them, I guess.
    You people are UNBELIEVABLE!!!

MOD, you should delete this post...its illegal, imoral. What goes around, comes around folks.
    yeah...i too, agree that this thread needs to be toil-erminated.:shortcut:
    they already got rid of this crap once!
    Dump this thread. The whole point of this forum is to help one another -- not steal their discounts.
    I don't think you are stealing anyone's serial number. first, if, by some random coincidence you happen to use the same serial number as someone else, that person can call up and say that their serial # isnt working and handspring will give it to them for the discount price anyway.

second, the odds are like 1 in 10 million that you are in fact duping someones exact serial number.
    Originally posted by engs
    second, the odds are like 1 in 10 million that you are in fact duping someones exact serial number.
    actually that's one in 1 million...[deleted]
    engs
    even if that is true, it is still stealing from a company that has be kind enough to give that type of discount. where's your conscious
    Originally posted by mrsernum

actually that's one in 1 million...[deleted]
    Actually, its 1 in 9,999,999. 7 digits can be higher than 1 million
    How do YOU know that Handspring would honor the discount if the serial number has been used?

And the odds are 1 in 10 million that you are duping any *particular* serial number. Multiply that by the number of Treos in circulation and you're closer to the mark.

So moderator, please kill this thread.
    Originally posted by jbletheby
    engs
    even if that is true, it is still stealing from a company that has be kind enough to give that type of discount. where's your conscious
    The company was also kind enough to make me go through 5 treo 300s in a little over a year due to their crappy quality control.
    Originally posted by jbletheby
    engs
    I agree! If a large enough percentage of Treo's get the discount and shouldn't have... PalmOne will kill this kind of promotion for everyone regarding future sales!

If I owned a company and gave away "large" amount of my profits (in revenue over a 3 week period due to a computer glitch, etc) what would you think I would do!?

Just a thought.
    Dave Lindberg

P.S.
    If Handspring/PalmOne is lurking in here... you should see if the serial number is real... if not and the website is accepting random serial #'s... charge back each customer who "abused the system". Handspring does haveeach person's credit card number.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Exactly,

If someone with a 300 tried to get the discount and couldn't because someone has already used their SN, they could prove (paperwork, receipt, shipping order, etc) they are the true owner.

I would agree that Handspring has every right to charge the CCard of the offender the extra money and/or turn them in for stealing. 1 in 10million is pretty high odds, like I said before....its a gamble...and its not worth having a crime charged against you.
    Originally posted by engs

The company was also kind enough to make me go through 5 treo 300s in a little over a year due to their crappy quality control.
    So you feel you have the right to use false information and tell others how to do the same! SHAME ON YOU ENGS!!!

If you got a problem with the company CALL A LAWYER!

This "I have a right to take it" mentality does nothing good for society. I hope that this post is removed and you are even banned for not only posting but defending such devious activity!
    Handspring would love to sell these for $399 DIRECT (high margin) all day long. Unfortunately they don't have the distribution to do so. They must sell them to the carriers (low margin) to compete. Why do you think Dell dominates PC market? They HAVE the distribution, and therefore can deliver great pricing and still have good margins. Handspring's gross margin goes up for each Treo they sell direct. It's a new product, they want to get it into the hands of the consumer any way possible w/o losing their ***!

You really think Handspring cares? If they have the technology to develop the world's greatest handset, they can certainly stop the Treo 600 Pirates. If they wanted to...