1.    #1  
    Costco is selling 256mb cards for $65. Are there any better deals out there?
    some cards are faster than others.... if you plan on making large file transfers, make sure you get a fast card, the 256 and 512MB simpletech support 10 MB/sec with a USB2 card reader/writer....
    Last edited by Fikse; 10/09/2003 at 06:16 PM.
    MacMall 512MB Sandisk 152.00
    Pricegrabber has them as low at $60.

http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com...d62aa2f3b33e66

Search through techbargains.com and the forums at anandtech.com and fatwallet.com under Hot Deals. I got a 256mb sd card a month ago for $45. Just have to find the right deal at the right time.
    That sounds about the same as any online store I shop at. I got one at buy.com for $64 with free shipping awhile back, and plenty other sites I frequent sell them for around the same. Look on pricewatch.com or pricegrabber.com and you'll see what I mean.

A "better deal" would be something like $50 for 256mb SD cards, and as of yet I haven't found any anywhere for prices that low.
    I would assume auction sites like ebay might be a good place if you're looking for really cheap deals... if you trust them.
    Its not just about lowest price, but about the quality of the cards. I have used Lexar without issue, others have used SanDisk with nothing but trouble. Off brands are SanDisk in disguise so read what you get before you buy it.
    www.mwave.com

1634811 SANDISK SECURE DIGITAL CARD 256MB (*Limit 1pc/customer) Detail Specs $66.57

1245869 SANDISK SECURE DIGITAL CARD 512MB Detail Specs $163.40

They are very reputable.

I got the 512 sitting here i guess ill have time to get the 1gig now that the gsm version is delayed a month
    The best I'm finding on ebay from a power seller for a 512 MB card is about $162 after shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=50525

I feel as safe buying from power sellers on ebay as I do buying through regular stores online. Look for hundreds or thousands of feedbacks, and a positive rating of 99% or higher, and you'll be fine. This listing meets those criteria.

I am just debating whether to hold out for 1 GB Anybody know when they'll hit the market and for what prices? I am using an old 128 MB while I make up my mind.
    Today's only at buy.com

Sandisk 512 SD card for $149.99.
    Quantity of 95 remaining as of this post

Here
    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and ordered one. Will probably sell to a friend/relative when 1 GB cards hit the market and fall under $200.
    You're welcome. Have we got confirmation that T6 will even support 1gb cards?
    No confirmation ... however, I have yet to see a device that can't use a flash card due to capacity alone. I'm sure there's some upper limit, but I suspect that it's far higher than a gig. Heck, digital point and shoot camera can address my 1 GB CF card ...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Try pricewatch.com. Lists items by price from many different vendors.
    You might also want to check www.dealram.com - they list a lot of vendors and show total price WITH shipping and coupons/discounts.
    Originally posted by wombat2
    No confirmation ... however, I have yet to see a device that can't use a flash card due to capacity alone. I'm sure there's some upper limit, but I suspect that it's far higher than a gig. Heck, digital point and shoot camera can address my 1 GB CF card ...
    I was looking at using SD cards here a while back for a data-logging project because it uses a non-proprietary SPI interface. One of the things I learned is that they use a FAT32 file system. So I would assume that they could handle at least 30 Gigs.