Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Folks: I am not going to rant about every dissapointment I've had in my Treo 600 thus far (let me just say the screen is out of center, so I have to order another one)...

    But, the phone is surprisingly HEAVY, don't you think? It almost feels as if my hand is going to get tired from holding it for too long. And G-d forbidd, don't drop it! It feels so heavy that if it falls, it would most certainly break!

    Should I not be concerned about this? Why would it weigh so much? SD Card reader? New encasing? If it's smaller than the T300, with smaller screen and buttons and all, then why is it so much heavier?

    Any thoughts from experts out there?
  2. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #2  
    bigger battery
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  3. #3  
    The battery life is supposed to be about 2.5 times longer, and this is the tradeoff. If you kept 3 wall-chargers and 2 car-chargers for the Treo 300 like I did, this is a very welcome tradeoff....
  4. Munir's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #4  
    I find the heft of the T600 just right.

    Before I got it I was wondering how it would feel in my pants pocket (I do not like carrying things on a "utility belt.").

    Even with the slip case, I do not notice it in my jeans or slacks. I always kept my prior cell phone (Samsung SCH-850) in my pocket and it was probably the same weight with its extended battery, so I honestly don't notice the T600. I am relieved about that.

    When holding the device, it feels polished and solid, which is a good thing.
  5. #5  
    The cheap plastic construction and light weight of the T300 was one if its biggest problems. Be glad that the T600 is more solid.
  6. #6  
    It is heavy but in a good way. It seems well weighted and its also compact. If we want lighter next time we should ask for titanium, hmm for say maybe $299 per phone?
  7. #7  
    Folks: I am not going to rant about every dissapointment I've had in my Treo 600 thus far (let me just say the screen is out of center, so I have to order another one)...
    I doubt your screen is flawed. All Treo 600 screens are further left due to the way the lighting is set up. Peek under the casing on the right side of the screen while holding the phone at an angle and you'll see what I mean. This is common to all Treo 600s distributed thus far and will be true for your replacement phone if you get one.

    But, the phone is surprisingly HEAVY, don't you think?
    I like its weight, although I agree that I'm nervous about dropping it.
  8.    #8  
    Hold on, you're telling me that what is showing on the attached picture is NORMAL? No way! It looks completely out of center! It looks defective, no question about it. Please let me know if your screen (the one you're saying all Treo 600s are coming with) is AS off-center as mine (please see attached). I'll flip out if they do and no others have complained.

    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by stubbe
    Hold on, you're telling me that what is showing on the attached picture is NORMAL? No way! It looks completely out of center! It looks defective, no question about it. Please let me know if your screen (the one you're saying all Treo 600s are coming with) is AS off-center as mine (please see attached). I'll flip out if they do and no others have complained.

    Thanks in advance!
    I had not noticed that before -- but my Treo looks just like the one pictured.
  10. #10  
    Looks pretty bad to me...
  11. #11  
    mines about the same.. I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it.

    I guess I'm just not anal enough to notice, and also care.

    As for the wieght: I had a samsung i-300 before this about the same wieght but bigger phone. I would much rather have something strudy feeling in my hands rather than a phone that feels like a childs toy.
  12.    #12  
    SO MHR's looks like mine, yet Kyuk99 thinks it's pretty bad. Then there must be a problem here. I returning this one to Sprint and getting Handspring's one tomorrow. I will let you folks know. The new one SHOULD not have it.

    Anyone else have feedback?
  13. #13  
    What's the hurry. Let the dust settle, enjoy the device and research if that is how the replacement will be, Save some headaches.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by stubbe
    SO MHR's looks like mine, yet Kyuk99 thinks it's pretty bad. Then there must be a problem here. I returning this one to Sprint and getting Handspring's one tomorrow. I will let you folks know. The new one SHOULD not have it.

    Anyone else have feedback?
    I look forward to seeing what you find out. I typically notice that sort of thing, so I am surprised that it slipped by.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by stubbe
    Hold on, you're telling me that what is showing on the attached picture is NORMAL? No way! It looks completely out of center! It looks defective, no question about it. Please let me know if your screen (the one you're saying all Treo 600s are coming with) is AS off-center as mine (please see attached). I'll flip out if they do and no others have complained.

    Thanks in advance!
    look at the banner on the top of the main. i know that isn't an 'actual' picture....but even that screen is more to the left...due to the black bar on the right margin...i dont know. maybe it's made like that............
  16. #16  
    I think this is a defect.

    Look at the screen position in this picture and tell me what you think...

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...o600_large.jpg
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by MHR
    I think this is a defect.

    Look at the screen position in this picture and tell me what you think...

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...o600_large.jpg
    That's a simulated image. Can anybody else post a picture of a real device? Thanks, cause I may be waiting to order if they are all messed up.....
  18. Ginmtb's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #18  
    That photo is not an actual shot of the screen - typical for advertising photos - they inserted a "cleaned up" screen shot.

    I think being off center a couple of millimeters shouldn't matter - as long as you can see the entire screen.

    As for weight, if your arm gets tired holding the phone you really should hit the weights...
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by stubbe

    But, the phone is surprisingly HEAVY, don't you think? It almost feels as if my hand is going to get tired from holding it for too long. And G-d forbidd, don't drop it! It feels so heavy that if it falls, it would most certainly break!

    Should I not be concerned about this? Why would it weigh so much? SD Card reader? New encasing? If it's smaller than the T300, with smaller screen and buttons and all, then why is it so much heavier?

    Any thoughts from experts out there?
    Should have waited til the GSM version ships, it's lighter!
    (I know not enough to make a diff.). Just wanted to toss that bit of info in
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  20. #20  
    Mine is also off to the left, maybe by one or two of pixels. Could it be to help right-handed people access the scroll bar with the stylus? With the relatively high lip around the screen, you would otherwise have to angle the stylus almost vertically to touch the scroll bar. So far, I haven't found a way to access the scroll bar with the 5-way button, so a stylus is still needed. Too bad for lefties. Just a thought.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions