1.    #1  
    Have not tried Docs to Go on Treo600 but I know it works great on older models.

However, the Goodlink software for Exchange Server corporate enterprise customers has built-in attachment viewing functionality for almost everything you would ever want to read (txt, word, excel, pdf, html, etc)

http://www.treo600.net offers a great deal on Treo600 pricing and Goodlink software evaluation
    You *can* read attachments, but for everything but .XLS, you get a "text rendering" which mangles tables and diagrams. For instance, a .DOC table renders as a single tall column of text lines The net result is that you have to figure out where each row starts and count down to a certain number of items in that row to figure out what's "next" to another item in another column. PDFs -- same story. It looks like the Web option you sometimes get in Google to see a text rendering of the PDF.

Not the same.

On the other hand, the .XLS files are fine, minus fancy formatting.

I'm trying to find workarounds now for either integrating Dataviz Pro with Good (not much hope so far), or being to save and open in Datavis Pro. Love to hear any advice anyone has.
    John
    Originally posted by jbeans
    You *can* read attachments, but for everything but .XLS, you get a "text rendering" which mangles tables and diagrams. For instance, a .DOC table renders as a single tall column of text lines The net result is that you have to figure out where each row starts and count down to a certain number of items in that row to figure out what's "next" to another item in another column. PDFs -- same story. It looks like the Web option you sometimes get in Google to see a text rendering of the PDF.

Not the same.

On the other hand, the .XLS files are fine, minus fancy formatting.

I'm trying to find workarounds now for either integrating Dataviz Pro with Good (not much hope so far), or being to save and open in Datavis Pro. Love to hear any advice anyone has.
    As I suspected, PalmOne (Handspring) went cheap and only provided a limited "viewer" instead of the REAL product? I wonder how "old" the viewer included with the Treo 600 is. Tables and graphics view just fine in the full product.

See: Word To Go (part of Documents To Go Premier 6.0)
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 10/31/2003 at 02:51 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    In my case, the issues about viewing attachments were specific to Good's software (which replace the standard apps).
    John
    Originally posted by jbeans
    In my case, the issues about viewing attachments were specific to Good's software (which replace the standard apps).
    Oh, I see. Well then my appologies to PalmOne (Handspring) then. It's Good that went cheap.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.