Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by omar_g
    Don't know if this applies to the guys with Sprint Treo's but the GSM T600 uspports MMS (picture messaging) like most GSM handsets of late. The standard of audio for MMS is "MFF." Seeing as the GSM treo supports the format i'd imagine MMF ringtones would be no problem. There are also plenty of freeware WAV -> MMF convertors online.

I'll have a try if I get time tomorrow, have a look see if the CDMA versions support it too; might be the answer to your questions!
    I've tried beaming an .mmf to my GSM 600 but it's saying "Data received in unknown format."
    Oh well, i tried!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I think all this talk about people leaving the Treo because it does not play wav-like ringtones is silly. What other phone are you going to get with a full keyboard that allows you to stream audio from DigitallyImported while chatting, (verichat) checking email, (SnapperMail) and posting replies on TreoCentral, ALL WITH ONE HAND?

Ringers are gravy.
    Doesn't the latest standard for midi allow multiple instruments? A guy here at work has a strongbad midi file that sounds just like the mp3. Now the file was too big for me to open on the treo, but it sounded good. I think we will have a bigger issue of 64k limit.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Post a link to the Strong Bad MIDI file please!
    I believe I have placed larger than 64k on my T600???

Originally posted by reverland
    Doesn't the latest standard for midi allow multiple instruments? A guy here at work has a strongbad midi file that sounds just like the mp3. Now the file was too big for me to open on the treo, but it sounded good. I think we will have a bigger issue of 64k limit.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    You couldn't have unless you found a program that could insert it. I put it on my website and downloaded it and as I tried to put it in the ringtones it told me that I couldn't becuase it was over 64k. Double check with your phone, I'm not the only person mentioning the 64k limit. I'll post the strongbad midi as soon as I get it again.
  8. agn
    I just want a ringer that sounds like my old sanyo phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12