1.    #1  
    My SMS says not available at this time.. I can't seem to get any e-mail app to work to my work hoem e-mail. No SMS, Short Message, etc.
    Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Sprint doesn't have their MO-SMS running yet. Recent estimates point to november. Until then , you have to use their portal. I don't have any more specific info than that b/c i dont' have my unit yet. It should get in today, then if no one has answered, i'll post how.

added:
    i hear snapper mail works for pop3 but can't verify it.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    If you go to your Web browser and to the Sprint Vision homepage use the Messaging link to get to the Short Mail options. That is how to do SMS until the new system is in place.

Keith
    you can still receive SMS, you just can't send, correct? Like the 300's came OE?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    you can do both...just that right now you have to do both through the web browser.

Keith
  6.    #6  
    Is it correct to assume that you can not get any notification, on screen or ring, until the new SMS is out next month?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Actually you do get a text message notification when you have a incoming SMS message. It basically tells you that you have a new short mail message, but to view it you have to go to the web browser.

If I remember correctly the Treo 300 did something like this until you installed Treo300SMS.

Keith
    When ready in Nov will that be real push SMS? Or that annoying 160 character thing they had before?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have heard that it will be SMS just like the other carriers have, but I honestly do not know.

Keith
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    SMS is for short messages. All devices that use this, have the 160 (or something close) limit. It was set with the standard, no one carrier's specific fault. If you want something longer, use e-mail, it'll be just as easy w/ a good program there won't be a difference.