1.    #1  
    Anyone know if typical SD memory cards stick out of the Treo slot, or are they flush with the surface?
    They are flush with the surface. SDIO cards (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc) may stick out.
  3. Daz
    What is the most memory the T600 can handle on an SD card?
    Will a 512Mb or higher card work?
    I have a Sandisk 512MB in mine right now, works great...
    Mine does stick out slightly - PNY SD Card 256mb
    They will handle any size of card, to my knowledge. 512 MB is the largest on the market but 1 GB should be coming soon. The Treo should handle either of those sizes. I have never heard of an upper memory limit for what they can address, although I'm sure there is one ... but that limit is probably a lot higher than what'll be on the market in the near future.
  7. Daz
    Thanks guys for the imput! I hope the 1Gb SD work as well.
    Originally posted by Fikse
    I have a Sandisk 512MB in mine right now, works great...
    I already have my 512 MB SanDisk card.... Now I just need the Treo to get here!

I saw some things about bad times with SanDisk cards.... I hope these issues were fixed or they are non-issues with the Treo

Does Treo and the OS5 operating system come with some sort of program like "Filez" so you can see all the files on the memory card and in RAM?

Mike
    No, but filez is a free download. First thing I do when I get a POS device is add filez. Why that's not part of the OS is beyond me.

I have a 1 GB Sandisk CF card in my camera and it works fine. I've also had other Sandisk cards of various sizes and formats, which I used in an iPAQ and a Tungsten. No problems with any of them. My experience may or may not be typical.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

I already have my 512 MB SanDisk card.... Now I just need the Treo to get here!

I saw some things about bad times with SanDisk cards.... I hope these issues were fixed or they are non-issues with the Treo

Does Treo and the OS5 operating system come with some sort of program like "Filez" so you can see all the files on the memory card and in RAM?

Mike
    there are defintely issues with some of the Sandisk SD cards. I personally had this problem and I know many others have had it too. Basically what happens is the card becomes locked--even when the switch is not in the lock position. So, you cannot delete any files from the card. Luckily, however, SanDisk were super in support. I emailed them and had a replacement card within a week after sending the old one back.