Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I ordered my Treo 600 from Handspring on Friday evening. I bought one from Sprint last Monday and received it last Tuesday, but decided to return it and get the Handspring one so I could take advantage of the $200 discount for previous Treo owners. (A real pain, though ... I have posted before at length about this, but there REALLY should be a better system for all parties than shipping units all over the country, when I could very easily just get a rebate electronically without returning a used unit to Sprint inventory. But setting that aside ...)

I checked my order status tonight, and it's gone from "back ordered" to "awaiting shipping." So it seems that supplies are (barely) adequate to meet demand without serious delays. A relief, as I have only until a week from tomorrow (or technically today) to get my Treo 600 back to Sprint.
    I ordered mine in the wee hours of Friday morning and the site still says Order Received... What gives?
    I ordered one thursday evening and my status still says order received
    Looks like we are going to have another wave of ..."WOW" this week!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Looks like we are going to have another wave of ..."WOW" this week!!

IGO
    And all I can do is sit from the sidelines and weep waiting to scrounge up 200 more bux to fund this bad boy.
    I ordered my Treo 600 from Handspring on Friday evening. I bought one from Sprint last Monday and received it last Tuesday, but decided to return it and get the Handspring one so I could take advantage of the $200 discount for previous Treo owners. (A real pain, though ... I have posted before at length about this, but there REALLY should be a better system for all parties than shipping units all over the country, when I could very easily just get a rebate electronically without returning a used unit to Sprint inventory. But setting that aside ...)

I ordered mine on Thursday evening and still sitting in "Order Received"

Time to start kicking some ****!
    Mine still says Order Received as well. I ordered Friday morning, with a case and a car charger, and different shipping & billing addresses. Great!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Upgraded to the T600 this AM. Put in my serial number, and worked fine. Got this message from Handspring:

"Thank you for shopping with Handspring...Blah Blah Blah.....Your Treo handheld is currently on backorder."

Curse all of you who depleted the inventory!

Cluemeister
    Backordered from where???????????
    Awaiting shipment from where??????????
    If we can order overnight delivery from Handspring, how long does it take them to get a new shipment?
    I ordered mine Thursday at 9, and still "awaiting shipment".
    Sigh
    - Oct 13, 2003 7:45 am

Status -On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Location - AUSTIN TX

Comments

Date/Time- 6:44 am

Sttus - Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

Loctaion- AUSTIN TX
    Whooooo Hoooo, Any time now, and a day early too......i can't control my excitment..( I know, get a life )
    Reagrds, Matt Burkhard
    mine is out for delivery too!! woohoo!!

its too bad I wont be home all day today.. ugh.. classes suck.

But i'll have mine tonight when i go get it from Fedex! yay

-treo 600 hopeful
    Ordered mine at about 10:00 10/9 and still showing "Order Received" on the Handspring site.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the Handspring folks work on Columbus Day. I know Fedex does, but if the order hasn't gotten from Handspring to Fedex, does that mean I'm doomed to wait another day before any update in status?

-Matt (must......have......new......Treo600....)
    I ordered on Thurs 10/09 at 1:15pm. Still on 'order received', so I guess I'm in the same boat everyone else is in.

For what its worth, 1) I have seperate billing and shipping addresses, 2) I'm in FL, and 3) I ordered the Fit form Case with the phone.

Here's hoping they send our phones soon. My kyocera 6035 died the day after I ordered my Treo 600, so I won't have a phone until the T600 gets here
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    I just spoke with HS so they are open today. Any orders placed on the 9th (wednesday), she assured me would ship either this Wednesday or Thursday, depending on the time of day on the 9th it was ordered.

I didn't ask about orders placed Friday but I would assume from that explanation that they would ship by Friday or next Monday due to the high demand.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Delivered @ 9:42 am. Now, I just gotta wait for the guy from receiving to bring it over!
    There really doesn't seem to be a pattern here, and the statement from HS that orders placed on Wednesday of last week will ship Wednesday of this week sounds mostly like a CYA. Burkardi and others placed their order on Friday and their orders have been shipped. On the other hand, my order, placed on Friday at almost the exact same time is on "Awaiting Shipment". There are too many variables to come up with a "one week" or other statement that will apply to everyone.
    Fed X just delivered my Treo 600. It was ordered last wed night Exp saver. I just got done activating it on Sprint.

I was surprised and pissed off that Sprint tried to hit me with a $36 activation fee of the T600 unless I agree to a new 1 year agreement. I have never been asked to pay an activation fee before exept during the initial contract signup. Every subsequent activation (from changing phones) has been free till now. I suspect Sprint wants me to change to a new one year "lesser" plan. I am currently in the 11th month of a 2 year agreement and have 13 months left on one of the "better" plans ($10 unlimited vision, free nights & weekends, unlim PCS to PCS). After complaining and refusing to pay for the activation fee, the CSR went to "talk" to her supervisor and got her to "agree" to "let" me keep my current 2 year contract and "waive" the activation fee. Anyone else with an existing contract got hit with an activation fee? Talk about extortion! Does Sprint have a right to to this to there customers with an existing contract? I thought a contract is a legal agreement. What can we do to combat this practice?
    sorry i mistyped. the 9th was thursday not wednesday.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Anyone else with an existing contract got hit with an activation fee? Talk about extortion! Does Sprint have a right to to this to there customers with an existing contract? I thought a contract is a legal agreement. What can we do to combat this practice?
    the 1 or 2 yr agreement is a contract extension, not a new service plan.
    Sprint's had free activation for the past month or so...they shouldn't have hit u with that.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast